↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Rosco's Montalcino 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 12 <123 ... 789 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
And that's exactly why I've insisted on collecting it in the daylight so I can inspect it prior to leaving. There's a cost to them, even if it's only wooden dollar internal charges, for the courtesy car being with me so it insentives them to get the job finished.

If you take it away, you then get the added hassle of waiting weeks for a slot in the workshop, and having to live with an annoyance of someone else's making.

It's probably a two minute job to sort the rocking seat, but why should you sort an issue someone else was paid to cause??? Chin up Ray, they'll all be out of warranty soon Thumbs Up

And make sure they cover your diesel cost for the extra back and forth 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #678337 14th Jan 2018 11:06am
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
I normally pick it up in daylight but had a pretty busy day so couldn't on Friday Big Cry mines actually out of warranty now but this job has gone on for about a year now and still isn't fully sorted so I've decided to see it through to the end. We have been told our next service will be free so not all bad. I might just sort the last issues myself as I think I know what the problem is but it just seems to go against my principals after the struggles we've had. Find a decent Indy for when yours is out of warranty and everything will be much easier Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #678344 14th Jan 2018 11:52am
Morepower

New Zealand 
Well it's back and what a mess.... Thud Thud Thud The roof is a mess as is the rest of the truck.... It's done 180+miles whilst at the dealers/panel shop.... Previous to delivery it was stored undercover and never driven in winter... Seems by the look of the Hubs/brakes etc that it's been used as winter transport by someone... The roof has been damaged before fitting, the windscreen frame has been split and the roof is not even the same colour as the rest of the truck.... Pictures attached for interest... I've contacted LR and I'm awaiting a reply about what they are going to do to fix it... All this by an approved LR panel shop!!!....

Tim

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
2016 Bowler 90 Rally Spec (Sold)
Post #695597 23rd Mar 2018 7:48am
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Thats poor. Why do they think its acceptable to send it back like that? Mad 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #695604 23rd Mar 2018 8:28am
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Shocked appalling! Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #695617 23rd Mar 2018 9:26am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Wow, that is unbelievably poor. Surely the bodyshop can't expect that a customer presenting with a well looked after vehicle would accept that finish. Good luck with the battle ahead, you'll get there Thumbs Up
Post #695619 23rd Mar 2018 9:29am
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
Yes good luck with the battle ahead.

They obviously don’t have any pride in their work! What an abysmal job they did! a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #695630 23rd Mar 2018 10:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Procta

United Kingdom 
Morepower wrote:
Well it's back and what a mess.... Thud Thud Thud The roof is a mess as is the rest of the truck.... It's done 180+miles whilst at the dealers/panel shop.... Previous to delivery it was stored undercover and never driven in winter... Seems by the look of the Hubs/brakes etc that it's been used as winter transport by someone... The roof has been damaged before fitting, the windscreen frame has been split and the roof is not even the same colour as the rest of the truck.... Pictures attached for interest... I've contacted LR and I'm awaiting a reply about what they are going to do to fix it... All this by an approved LR panel shop!!!....

Tim

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

How the hell did that get signed off? Someone isn't doing their job! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #695710 23rd Mar 2018 4:35pm
Morepower

New Zealand 
Reported to LR.... Awaiting response from them now....

On closer inspection the roof has been bent to get it fit... there's rust bubbling through at the rear of the roof... there's black sealer all over the bodywork... the list goes on!!!...

As per the photo's the hubs are rusted, and on closer inspection. So are the brake calipers, disks and back plates....

So I'll be asking for them to be replaced as that's not the condition they were delivered in.... The Bowler rear steps have been scratched... Basically as stated before, It's a mess....

Problem is, I can't send it back to the panel shop as if they can't get it right after taking nearly 3 months to do it in the first place, Then what are my options... I have a friend who runs a body repair centre... Should I speak to LR to get it done there?

Opinions please

Regards

Tim It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
Post #695824 24th Mar 2018 7:27am
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
I think by law you have to give them a chance to rectify it. How troublesome this may sound. But you could try it at LR.

So i’ll keep my fingers crossed for you but fearing that you have to Go the same route again. a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #695830 24th Mar 2018 8:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Procta

United Kingdom 
Morepower wrote:
Reported to LR.... Awaiting response from them now....

On closer inspection the roof has been bent to get it fit... there's rust bubbling through at the rear of the roof... there's black sealer all over the bodywork... the list goes on!!!...

As per the photo's the hubs are rusted, and on closer inspection. So are the brake calipers, disks and back plates....

So I'll be asking for them to be replaced as that's not the condition they were delivered in.... The Bowler rear steps have been scratched... Basically as stated before, It's a mess....

Problem is, I can't send it back to the panel shop as if they can't get it right after taking nearly 3 months to do it in the first place, Then what are my options... I have a friend who runs a body repair centre... Should I speak to LR to get it done there?

Opinions please

Regards

Tim

Id have a right go at the body shop manager for the state, and tell them what are they are playing at?.

I would let your mate have a look and LR, show LR how bad one of their approved body shops are! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #695887 24th Mar 2018 1:58pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Bit of pride doesn't hurt like when sorting out a job for a customer, It bites me the amount of Censored that is passable at work, that goes one new cars. Do it right the 1st time and all is ok, Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #695888 24th Mar 2018 2:01pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi Tim

It could be worth speaking to Martin at Willowbrae, they’re the body shop Pentland Edinburgh use. They’re not perfect by any means but Martin the owner has a 110 double cab which he very particular about and understands how we feel about our cars.

Good luck getting your issues fixed, I’ve been at it for over 2 years and Pentland still haven’t completed the warranty works which had been reported numerous times but they have managed to badly damage my roof and scratch through the paint on my bonnet, I’ve lost all faith in them now and have given them 7 days to respond on how they plan to rectify the issue before I got to my insurance and raise a claim against them.

Keep us all posted on how you get on. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Cheers
John 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #696020 25th Mar 2018 9:18am
Balvaig

Scotland 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Landmark LE Corris Grey
Just picked up on your woes. Does your insurance have legal services included (many do).
I would seek an independent expert report on the work and be prepared to go to the small claims procedure if the Dealer doesn't respond to your justified complaint.
Below is an extract of the current legislation ( i think):

Consumer Rights Act 2015

49 Service to be performed with reasonable care and skill

(1)Every contract to supply a service is to be treated as including a term that the trader must perform the service with reasonable care and skill.

54 Consumer’s rights to enforce terms about services

(3)If the service does not conform to the contract, the consumer’s rights (and the provisions about them and when they are available) are—

(a)the right to require repeat performance (see section 55);

(b)the right to a price reduction (see section 56).

(7)Those other remedies include any of the following that is open to the consumer in the circumstances—

(a)claiming damages;

(b)seeking to recover money paid where the consideration for payment of the money has failed;

(c)seeking specific performance;

(d)seeking an order for specific implement;

(e)relying on the breach against a claim by the trader under the contract;

(f)exercising a right to treat the contract as at an end.

57Liability that cannot be excluded or restricted

(1)A term of a contract to supply services is not binding on the consumer to the extent that it would exclude the trader’s liability arising under section 49 (service to be performed with reasonable care and skill).

Don't give up. You have a right to get the Defender back to the condition you need.
Post #696024 25th Mar 2018 9:55am
Morepower

New Zealand 
Update... Spoke to LR today... they where very sympathetic and have tried to contact Morrisons to no avail.... I've asked for a courtesy car as I'm not wanting to drive the 90... They said they will push the dealer... I'm due to speak to them again tomorrow...
Will let everyone know when I hear something.... I'll also be contacting my insurance company regards legal cover...

Regards

Tim It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
Post #696352 26th Mar 2018 8:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 12 <123 ... 789 101112>