↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Site News & Feedback > Security
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
nitram17

Blood type ,DNA profile ,Credit history ,shoe size and brexit vote cast ..........police state anyone?Overeaction to a scumbag crime me thinks ........How many transactions have been done over the years without any problems?Lets not change the relaxed friendly atmosphere on this site because of one bad apple..its the equivialent of putting barbed wire on your backyard wall to deter thieves..it may work but try selling your house with it on the wall.
Post #663879 13th Nov 2017 12:19am
rockster57

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Thumbs Up
Post #663882 13th Nov 2017 12:37am
apt100

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
I agree that the spirit shouldn't change.
But with hindsight some fairly simple procedures might have prevented one person "selling" multiple items several times over to different people. It seems to be the fact it was all done via pm with nobody aware that they were the 2nd, 3rd, 4th?? person to pay for the same item.
Post #663883 13th Nov 2017 2:00am
RockJaw

United States 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
nitram17 wrote:
Blood type ,DNA profile ,Credit history ,shoe size and brexit vote cast ..........police state anyone?Overeaction to a scumbag crime me thinks ........How many transactions have been done over the years without any problems?Lets not change the relaxed friendly atmosphere on this site because of one bad apple..its the equivialent of putting barbed wire on your backyard wall to deter thieves..it may work but try selling your house with it on the wall.

Gee, really? I wonder how many times an attitude like that leads to becoming a cuckold? Not all of us are so cool & casual about being screwed over ****CENSORED****
Post #663884 13th Nov 2017 2:22am
nitram17

apt100 wrote:
I agree that the spirit shouldn't change.
But with hindsight some fairly simple procedures might have prevented one person "selling" multiple items several times over to different people. It seems to be the fact it was all done via pm with nobody aware that they were the 2nd, 3rd, 4th?? person to pay for the same item.

High ..Martin i think has a policy of "loose lips sink ships"I was not aware of the actual offence as i came late to the party and mum was the word...I asked for info and only one gent pm me with general info.....simple procedures appear fine ..blood from the first born!....not!
Post #663896 13th Nov 2017 8:20am
nitram17

RockJaw wrote:
nitram17 wrote:

Gee, really? I wonder how many times an attitude like that leads to becoming a cuckold? Not all of us are so cool & casual about being screwed over

Tad bit dramatic ROCKJAW!
Post #663897 13th Nov 2017 8:23am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Bluest wrote:
Based on my own experiences PayPal may protect buyers, but leaves sellers very vulnerable to fraud.

Sorry to hear that. Did you follow good practice? https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
As long as a seller accurately describes the item, takes photos, posts with proof/tracking/insurance when appropriate, post to paypal registered address etc , it should be very hard to defraud. However if still concerned or have ethical/other issues with paypal then payment on collection would be be a better option.
Post #663898 13th Nov 2017 8:25am
RockJaw

nitram17 wrote:

Tad bit dramatic ROCKJAW!

Yup, maybe, who knows, but it's water off a duck's back anyway because win or lose, I'm having a crack at these guys ****CENSORED****
Post #663899 13th Nov 2017 8:39am
Morepower

New Zealand 
I'm not sure how feasible it would be... Over to you Martin... But would it be possible to have a Def2 account... So when items are sold, The money is paid to Def2, On receipt of the item the funds are released...
I understand that there maybe issues with items that are not as described... But it would pretty much stop any fraud on here dead in it's tracks...Martin could levy a small charge to cover bank costs/time/Def2 support

Just a thought

Regards

Tim It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
2016 Bowler 90 Rally Spec (Sold)
Post #663900 13th Nov 2017 8:39am
Nidge

Ireland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Cairns Blue
To be fair to Martin he has enough on his hands running this excellent forum without also having to become the forums bank clerk Whistle
Post #663910 13th Nov 2017 10:13am
RockJaw

Martin has already done more than most forum owners/moderators already, and I suspect he's peeved off enough to carry us all through to any solution which works - our job is to help him figure out what's the solution, if there is one. ****CENSORED****
Post #664067 13th Nov 2017 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234