↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Nugget Stuff Sealed air intake
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
WhiskyJackR

United Kingdom 
Hi Guys,

So based on the recommendation from Nosnibod I ordered this from Auto Silicone hoses:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190886536852

Thank's all for input and nugget for explaining the background. Alls well that ends well Smile Any farther South and I'll need to trade the Defender in for a Landing Craft Smile
Post #651208 19th Sep 2017 7:51am
nugge t

Australia 
Hi WhiskyJackR

Just checking that you were aware that I had already sent a black replacement hose which is exactly the same specification as the one you have bought, plus an upgraded new adaptor at no charge?

It was Nosnibod's great work that made me aware of the original problem but I was not able to source it in Australia at a reasonable price.

The hose I have sent is the 2 ply silicon with external locking cord & Internal bronze coated steel spiral spring with exactly the same ratings.

Cheers
Post #651215 19th Sep 2017 8:49am
WhiskyJackR

United Kingdom 
Hi Wayne.

Thank you so much, that is a simply awesome example of supplier back up. I can cancel the hose I ordered right away and await the one you've sent together with the fitting.

Can I just say a massive thank you. Suppliers like you and the guys on this forum make Defender2.net the best support group bar none. It's like 'Emergency First Respnse' for Landy owners Very Happy

All the very best ....... Nick Any farther South and I'll need to trade the Defender in for a Landing Craft Smile
Post #651216 19th Sep 2017 9:17am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Wayne's (Nugget) response does not surprise me one little bit.
One of the most genuine guys you could ever meet, He has an absolutely 100% record for customer service & honesty in Aussie!!..Check out his website.
Pickles.
Post #651228 19th Sep 2017 10:28am
KU310R

Malta 
WhiskyJackR wrote:
Hi Wayne.

Thank you so much, that is a simply awesome example of supplier back up. I can cancel the hose I ordered right away and await the one you've sent together with the fitting.

Can I just say a massive thank you. Suppliers like you and the guys on this forum make Defender2.net the best support group bar none. It's like 'Emergency First Respnse' for Landy owners Very Happy

All the very best ....... Nick

This is my first time posting here. I have installed the Nugget sealed air intake this week on my 2012 2.2 90 and was really satisfied with the quality of the components and service from firstfour.

However after less than a week the bolt head on the alternator bracket tore through the pipework and I contacted Wayne through his website for any possible solutions regarding the new fitting he made for the 2.2.

He replied to me on the same day and offered to send me a new updated version. That's best customer service I have ever received! Will definitely recommend his products...and keep checking any new stuff for myself!
Post #661568 3rd Nov 2017 3:14am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
So do you now receive the updated and correct set up from First Four or not? Wouldn't want to buy and fit this and then need another hose after? 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #661628 3rd Nov 2017 1:16pm
KU310R

Malta 
I emailed Wayne and he sent me the replacement part even though I had originally ordered it from firstfour website. In your case you can gie either of them a call so you can decide which part is best for you.

All I can say is that the products are all of top quality & service has been great from firstfour & Wayne himself!
Post #661761 4th Nov 2017 2:50am
nugge t

Australia 
Hi all,
I am currently waiting for First Four to let me know how many kits they have in stock and I will send the new adaptors to them so that all kits can be supplied with the new part.
Cheers
Post #661918 5th Nov 2017 12:53am
KU310R

Malta 
Hi guys, after driving it in town for the first time after installing the nugget kit and doing modifications to the airbox by removing "fan" and cutting extruding pipework into the airbox I can confirm the benefits are well worth it!

The car feels much smoother to drive and is able to keep moving smoothly at lower speeds where before I had to drop a gear.

Great product!
Post #661921 5th Nov 2017 1:53am
nugge t

Australia 
I can confirm that all kits supplied by First Four will have the new adaptor and also the Black hose.

Just thought I might also mention that if you are looking to complete the water sealing, I do Diff Breather Manifold Kits which are designed specifically for Defenders and machined from solid ally billet, have top quality sintered stainless steel breathers and as far as I know, are the only kits where each port is identified.

FD for front Diff, RD for Rear Diff, TC for Transfer Case, Fuel for the fuel Tank and GB for the Gear Box.

The 4 port does FD, RD, TC and Fuel.
The 5 Port does FD, RD, TC, Fuel and GB.

You can read more about them on my web page

[/img]http://www.nuggetstuff.com/product/defender-5-port-diff-breather-manifold-kit/[url]
[/url]
Post #662551 8th Nov 2017 3:53am
familymad

Mine arrived today and with all the modified bits in the box Thumbs Up

Question, if I have already removed the old plastic air intake when doing the intercooler, do I need to drop the inner guard? 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #675797 4th Jan 2018 6:55pm
nugge t

Australia 
you should only need to remove the strip of guard which incorporates the flare to be able to slide the new air box into position.

cheers
Post #675843 4th Jan 2018 8:16pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
nosnibod wrote:
Thought I'd take a photo of the offending alternator bolt-head and the amount of clearance available so everyone can see what the problem is. Even with the thin-walled silicone hose and the airbox pulled back as far as possible there isn't a lot of room - and of course as the engine rocks on its mountings the clearance will decrease. As it is I can just about get my index finger into the gap.

Click image to enlarge

Fitted mine 2 years ago, Will agree, the clearance is close,,
Reading above, has the offset fitting been modified ??, to give some more clearance ??

Best i check it tomorrow ?

Picture taken when fitted from a a different angle

Click image to enlarge

LOL, as someone already made comment that blue sealer gets everywhere !!!! California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #675924 4th Jan 2018 11:18pm
familymad

nugge t wrote:
you should only need to remove the strip of guard which incorporates the flare to be able to slide the new air box into position.

cheers

Thanks Thumbs Up today's job 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #676275 6th Jan 2018 8:57am
nugge t

Australia 
TJ101 wrote:
nosnibod wrote:
Thought I'd take a photo of the offending alternator bolt-head and the amount of clearance available so everyone can see what the problem is. Even with the thin-walled silicone hose and the airbox pulled back as far as possible there isn't a lot of room - and of course as the engine rocks on its mountings the clearance will decrease. As it is I can just about get my index finger into the gap.

Click image to enlarge

Fitted mine 2 years ago, Will agree, the clearance is close,,
Reading above, has the offset fitting been modified ??, to give some more clearance ??

Best i check it tomorrow ?

Picture taken when fitted from a a different angle

Click image to enlarge

The new adaptor completely fixes that problem. Alternatively you can create additional clearance by drilling out rivets securing the air filter box in the wheel arch, twist the air filter box to give the extra clearance and then re-rivet.

LOL, as someone already made comment that blue sealer gets everywhere !!!!
Post #679578 18th Jan 2018 11:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>