↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Waste of time Listers (dealer)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Sphere

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Keswick Green
Waste of time Listers (dealer)
hopeing someone on here can help as I am sure my dealer is trying to pull a fast one ..again

4 months ago I dropped my defender in with some corrosion on the seat belt brackets was told it would be a couple of weeks however still nothing. Been in contact several times and told various stories such as waiting for Land Rover, waiting for the body shop and now again waiting for Land Rover authorisation. Only been in to listers for warranty work and every time it's come back damaged. The last paint work they did took months to compleat (and only sorted after LR got involved) and wondering if I really want them to compleat the work now especially after the customer service I have had recently.

Am I able to confirm that it has been submitted now and what work will be done as not sure where a body shop comes in.
Post #649659 11th Sep 2017 7:46pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Had the same with guy salmon. Which listers and what body shop has it gone to.

I think LR might be at fault with approvals but that be your problem if like us Mike
Post #649705 11th Sep 2017 9:12pm
doublea

Scotland 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Phoenix Orange
Curious to know which brackets? The ones in the rear wheel arch above the rear crossmember? Current Steeds:
2015 110 UW in Grasmere Green
2003 BMW F650 the Hack
2000 Elise
1992 Ducati 888 (no longer in bits, yahoo)
1990 TDR 250 (in bits again)
1988 TDR 250 (no longer in bits) and for sale
Post #649723 11th Sep 2017 11:03pm
Sphere

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Keswick Green
It's droitwich listers but they also have Hereford and Solihull so a little stuck without traveling. Don't know the body shop however listers advertise they have a in house one. Mind last time I had paintwork under warranty done by listers they used a non approved body shop which was worse than the work they were fixing. In the end it had to be redone. Not impressed but don't know of any other options. Indecently I have a seat car that went into listers (they also have seat dealership) and they it appears this wasn't done correctly so don't have my defender serviced by them as don't trust them.

The brackets are the front seat buckel by the cubby box as well as the front seat frame. No sign of water ingress however it is a defender!
Post #649955 12th Sep 2017 8:00pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
I had a similar experience with Listers Droitwich, who don't have an in house bodyshop it gets subcontracted to Reynolds of Rushock which is a few miles away. No issue with the quality of their work. I spoke to one of the new car sales guys who has been there many years and asked what was going on. He quietly acknowledged that the service side was in meltdown, high staff turnover being a real issue. For info, the ex service manager from Droitwich (Chris) is now at Solihull, so if that is convenient I'd go there and ask for him - top bloke who goes out of his way to help.
Thumbs Up
Post #649964 12th Sep 2017 8:30pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Interesting to read this as I am having similar experience with Droitwich .... and fast running out of factory warranty cover.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #649968 12th Sep 2017 8:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I think the Dealers / JLR will have a party when the last Defender runs out of Factory warranty.

They must hate them. If you weren't a Defender fan and got to work on and test drive Range Rovers and Discoveries all day long, getting the Defender with it's ancient design and challenging engineering must be a right pain!

From what I have heard, the old Rover dealerships had a love hate relationship with the Rover Mini. An icon, but with flaws.

The biggest astonishment to JLR must have been the way the Defenders sold before its D Day. All other manufacturers would be bolting extras on to their old models and providing cheap finance to get shot of them. JLR didn't know how lucky they were! This will probably be exaggerating the amount of Defender warranty claims at present.

I too am struggling to get anyone to sort out my corroding intercooler grille. Must phone again soon, for what it will be worth Laughing
Post #649972 12th Sep 2017 9:00pm
doublea

Scotland 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Phoenix Orange
Righto. Might as well get my front seat belt brackets and sub frames painted too, when the "usual" warranty items are being attended to. I didn't expect they would entertain this type of minor corrosion, presumably caused by water ingress and the resulting condensation. I mean, it's pretty insignificant compared with corrosion on untreated chassis, which is flatly refused under warranty. Current Steeds:
2015 110 UW in Grasmere Green
2003 BMW F650 the Hack
2000 Elise
1992 Ducati 888 (no longer in bits, yahoo)
1990 TDR 250 (in bits again)
1988 TDR 250 (no longer in bits) and for sale
Post #649987 12th Sep 2017 10:35pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
On a related note, when I bought the Heritage I paid for the Supaguard treatment, which was never applied - water didn't bead and I had a detailer look at it who confirmed there was nothing there. He also said he saw many vehicles that had not been treated. It took 18 months and the intervention of Amelia CRC here to get a refund. The Supaguard invoice even referenced 'leather pack' which rather gave the game away. Persistence and time required.
Post #650002 13th Sep 2017 5:50am
corgi1

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
That's a real shame, I bought my 09 plate defender from Hereford Lister,(7 previous owners!) I was very twitchy, but bought it anyway as it was in lovely condition, and their service was brilliant, they have called me several times since, to make sure everything was still ok, gave me a warranty, and even sorced rear seat covers for when they are folded, which are hard to get hold of, and they love defenders, this other shower is s^^t are the other side of the coin
Pete
Post #650008 13th Sep 2017 7:13am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
I think Shukers in Ludlow have a good reputation too.
Post #650010 13th Sep 2017 7:26am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
So, something really odd happened yesterday. Took the Landy in for its 2nd A service to Hereford Listers. Endured usual “would you like a drink” niceties etc etc, handed over the keys then off I went.

I wasn’t prepared for what happened next....

A few hours later I received an email with a video of the underside of my Landy informing me that just about everything was fine. The technician pointed out there was a leak in the transfer box. He actually pro-actively pointed out something wrong with the vehicle without me having to pester for weeks or wait for something catastrophic to happen first.
Then, when I went to collect it the service advisor booked it in for 2 days to be fixed under warranty. WITHOUT ARGUING.

Still couldn’t get a courtesy car because I’ve got too many points..... but that’s my problem!

Pretty top notch service really. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #654489 3rd Oct 2017 6:45am
Pat

Wales 
I also can't complain about Listers Hereford.

When they did an "A" service for me they mentioned one of the front swivels was leaking slightly and I should get it done under warranty. It was several months later when I booked it in, on collection I was informed they had done both.

The we'll need it for a day did turn into three days (waiting for parts!?), but they had loaned me a newer 90, so that kept me happy. I was amazed how the '15 (higher mileage) loan 90 drove so much easier than my '12 90 - smooth acceleration through the none clunky gear change, almost car like! It started with a kiss, never thought it would come to this.
SIII CSW Safari, limestone, (JAC 914N). Where is she now?

It's not a car, it's a way of life!
Post #654496 3rd Oct 2017 7:18am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Listers Droitwich need the service manager from Hereford to take a visit and sort Droitwich out.

I'm now having to involve LRCS as Droitwich are ignoring me having done nothing about my warranty issues for 8 months.

Last time I ever use them - so they have failed to look at the bigger picture and considered my service spend every year I own the Puma as well as any out-of-warranty work or accessories. Rolling Eyes

Typical LR dealer, but I am not surprised as the new cars fly out of the doors so lowly Defender owners aren't of interest to them at all.

So I can wholly recommend that LR owners avoid Droitwich, the service support is atrocious.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #654504 3rd Oct 2017 7:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
if the person running this forum and other LR product forums cant get taken seriously what chance do the rest of us have? I was actually happy when mine ran out of warranty as it means I know it will now be serviced and repaired by someone who cares (ie myself) DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #654640 3rd Oct 2017 5:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>