↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Land Rover Authorised Dealer: 2 year Service Mileage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Milmur64

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Corris Grey
Land Rover Authorised Dealer: 2 year Service Mileage
I have had my Land Rover 90 2015 Station Wagon serviced today after 2 years (mileage 13,600).
When I returned home I noted circa 20 miles had been put on the vehicle during the service. I have owned a number of different manufacturers vehicles over the years, but never had this high a mileage for any type of service. Is this normal?
I would welcome a views? It seems excessive to me.
[/b]
Post #652138 22nd Sep 2017 5:48pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
someone used it as a Taxi? DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #652140 22nd Sep 2017 6:08pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
It would seem excessive to me too.

But, there is a remote possibility that they found something that required a few test drives and they went for long trip to check that it didn't reoccur?

I would go back in (in person) and ask politely about the required mileage for a test drive after a service and see what the reaction is. The workshop manager will (or at least should) know where his staff are and a 20 mile journey would take time.
Post #652144 22nd Sep 2017 6:27pm
Milmur64

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Corris Grey
Many thanks - good advice.
It is strange the mileage recorded on the service record was as exactly as I booked it in, but had an additional circa 20 miles on pick up. I kind of thought surely no one would be stupid enough to take it for a jolly, and this was a result of testing?
However, you live and learn!
Post #652149 22nd Sep 2017 6:37pm
doublea

Scotland 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Phoenix Orange
Ours go to Perth. Dash cam shows a lengthy warm up drive on the morning of the service. They generally pick them up the day before and are parked up overnight. Shouldn't really be necessary if you drive it there and it's serviced within a few hours. That said, 20 miles is excessive. Hassle them! Current Steeds:
2015 110 UW in Grasmere Green
2003 BMW F650 the Hack
2000 Elise
1992 Ducati 888 (no longer in bits, yahoo)
1990 TDR 250 (in bits again)
1988 TDR 250 (no longer in bits) and for sale
Post #652193 22nd Sep 2017 10:22pm
YOLO110

Australia 
Seems 'excessive' mate... but what are you looking for or trying to 'achieve' in pursuing this?

In the big picture, 20 miles?... all sorts of 'legitimate' reasons for this, from traffic detours, a family emergency whilst they were out on the post service 2 mile test drive, to the Director Principle taking the Service Manager out to check he was happy with the work. Sure, I agree an explanation would have been appropriate, but it's hardly a case of a vehicle being taken out and 'ragged' to an inch of it's life on a 'jolly'...? So I would not be unduly worried. Whistle YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #652296 23rd Sep 2017 3:22pm
JJ

United Kingdom 1987 Defender 110 V8 Petrol CSW Corris Grey
Milmur64 wrote:
Many thanks - good advice.
It is strange the mileage recorded on the service record was as exactly as I booked it in, but had an additional circa 20 miles on pick up. I kind of thought surely no one would be stupid enough to take it for a jolly, and this was a result of testing?
However, you live and learn!

A customer of mine has a van in for a service with a major franchised dealer group and unbeknown to them all his vehicles are fitted with trackers.

After seeing his van had left the dealer, drive some miles away , stay overnight and then drive back the next day . To say he is not happy is an understatement.

The police are now involved ( and taking an interest) as the vehicle was probably driven uninsured unless the dealer can prove otherwise. HR064 Hampshire and Berkshire 4x4 Response
Post #652305 23rd Sep 2017 4:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1