↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Self leveling unit and a 2" lift... can it work?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Miggit

United Kingdom 
Self leveling unit and a 2" lift... can it work?
Hi all, thinking ahead with the RRC I want to tow with it, a lot, and trailers that are heavy, and possible nose at of just over the Max Shocked (150Kg)

My RRC has a 2" lift, and the installer has hacked off the self leveling strut Evil or Very Mad and naffed up the geometry... but that's a different headache..

I was lead to believe that the self leveling strut helped with heavy rear loads, and stopped the rear end sagging. So should I be looking at trying to reinstate it? or just think about some heavier springs?

And when it comes to dropping it the strut, does anyone make a 2" drop kit for the top mount?

I was recommended a ball joint spacer to raise the A frame... but this will make the strut problem worse, as it sits on top of the axle ball joint, so should I be looking at trying to drop the A frame off the chassis along with the strut?

And while I'm on the A frame, I've got to replace the bushes... only I'm a bit worried that the axle might twist when I'm doing the job... should I be thinking about disconnecting the rear shocks so that I can get all the spring pressure off before removing the A frame.... Or is there a way that you can do one side at a time? RRC 2.4 TD... it's either a stretched 90 or shrunken 110!!
ML 270CDI
Post #649166 9th Sep 2017 6:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1