↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Topping up Waxoyl coatings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lonewolf

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Zambezi Silver
Topping up Waxoyl coatings
My 2010 90 was already waxoyled when I bought it shortly before it's 3rd birthday.
I am thinking of having it reapplied as a top up to the original as it appears to be doing its job.
I live in the north east and there doesnt appear to be much in the way of people who apply waxoyl
in my area. The nearest place I've found is in Darlington which is about 40 miles away.
The company is 'Ultimate Car Paint Protection Limited' who use a unit to do the work. I believe they are based in Leamington Spa but use various locations to do their work???
Has anyone used this company and give an opinion regarding their work or does anyone know of someone in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area who do Waxoyling? ( I think there were two but seem to have bitten the dust?)
I know people have differing views re Waxoyl versus Dinitrol but as mines already Waxoyled I guess I have to go with that for reapplication?
Cheers
Post #648458 5th Sep 2017 5:03pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Many discussions on the subject on here - there will be many options.

I have a mix of waxoyl and Drintol on the defender - sometimes waxoyl gets a bad rep, but actually i find people dont apply the correct stuff nor do it properly and sometimes its less forgiving.

That said the current defender is about 60% Drintol 35% Waxoyl and the rest other types of underbody protection.

Im liking the new buzzweld stuff and will use that when i come to redo the coating.

Back to your question - there will be loads of local places to do it or you could do it yourself its not hard...getting it clean is the challenge. Mike
Post #648460 5th Sep 2017 5:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1