↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Stolen > BEWARE STOLEN BRITPART & BEARMACH PARTS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LANDROVER

United Kingdom 
BEWARE STOLEN BRITPART & BEARMACH PARTS
Please beware that a Land Rover parts seller has been robbed on the 17/18th August 2017.

There is information on his Facebook link about the theft and I believe will detail the items stolen when he can.

From what I gather it was mainly Britpart and Bearmach products, all new and packaged. They have a list of part numbers and I believe batch numbers so are identifiable as STOLEN GOODS.

Please if you have information or are offered cheap spares please contact via the links below or Norfolk Constabulary, 01953 424 242.

http://www.nk4x4.com/
https://www.facebook.com/nk4x4landroverparts/

I know the owner of the company and he is a incredibly honest man and I'm gutted for him.

I also was a recent victim of Land Rover theft, having lost a 200TDI engine complete with injection pump and turbo and a LT77 Gearbox and a transfer box a few months ago (Removed from a Land Rover Discovery). Please bare this in mind when if you are offered suspiciously cheap items or items in circumstances that cause concern.
Post #645103 19th Aug 2017 7:21pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
As bad as theft is, it shows how thick some thieves are... I mean, why in the world would you steal britpart stuff? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #645112 19th Aug 2017 7:48pm
bankz5152

2004 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Epsom Green
All will be ok they will find out in a couple days that no one will buy any of it and thus return to the rightful owner!
Post #645115 19th Aug 2017 8:03pm
Outlaw1

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
What is so funny about somebody being robbed of something they have worked hard for ?
Lets hope others do not find it funny if your landies are stolen
Post #645139 19th Aug 2017 9:07pm
LANDROVER

United Kingdom 
bankz5152 wrote:
All will be ok they will find out in a couple days that no one will buy any of it and thus return to the rightful owner!

diesel_jim wrote:
As bad as theft is, it shows how thick some thieves are... I mean, why in the world would you steal britpart stuff? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'm not sure what was stolen exactly. I guess many thousands of pounds worth of the guys personal stock bought with his own money, when I visited him he had a warehouse full of spares. I found the guy to be really helpful and has certainly saved me money. I thought I would bring this to peoples attention that they may see these items for sale at a Land Rover show or similar event. They may get sold via a forum elsewhere. Though unlikely that anyone will really see them I though I would something to help him. The same unlikely that I will see my 200 TDI engine ever again. Crying or Very sad

I was also of the belief that Britpart is all utter *hit but having been dealing with this seller and Britpart in general I have found different.

Britpart do sell some very cheap parts, if you want the most cheapest parts then you purchase them. They are cheap, but low quality.

Britpart also sell OEM parts. Which is what I purchase from them. I buy AP clutch parts, Corteco Seals, Dayco Cambelt and Timken Bearings from them and these are all quality parts that I have no issue with.

If I was to purchase non genuine bearing and bushes that are listed for only a few pounds per item they will likely be lower quality, as expected for the price.

All the goods have a 24 month warranty.

My point is I thought they only sold poor quality items, but in the last year learnt that was not quite correct.
Post #645167 19th Aug 2017 11:26pm
LANDROVER

United Kingdom 
Outlaw1 wrote:
What is so funny about somebody being robbed of something they have worked hard for ?
Lets hope others do not find it funny if your landies are stolen

It's gutting to be a victim of theft. I was fairly destroyed when my Engine and Gearbox/Transfer box got stolen....I still worry about my security and often I will be out in the night checking our property. Sad I did'nt think it would happen to me and was embarrassed that it did. I never posted online of my loses and was not insured.

Neil at N & K 4X4 has the intentions of carrying on trading and getting through this and I hope that he does not suffer in the future, I certainly will continue to support him by buying from him.

I hope that no persons lose a Land Rover or personal property on this forum.

Regards LANDROVER . Thumbs Up
Post #645169 19th Aug 2017 11:36pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
I do not know Neil at N & K 4x4 but wish him well.

It is hard enough being in business without being attacked by thieving scumbags! I have heard people comment things like 'well they are insured' Now Neil has many problems to resolve including repairing the damage, insurance excess to fund, loss of trading, increased insurance premiums, increased security costs imposed by the insurance company etc etc.

As I have said before if things are cheap they are often cheap for a reason. Buy cheaper then normal items and chances are you are either buying a fake, a substandard item or a stolen item.

So next time you see cheap items ask yourself why?

Brendan
Post #645197 20th Aug 2017 10:54am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
The trouble is Brendan there will always be a market for stolen goods. Some people will always be tempted by a bargain, whether it be car parts of pirated DVD’s, sadly that’s life.

Though perhaps this little tale should always make buyers of ‘no questions asked’ goods beware.

A few years ago I was in a public house, the Red Lion in Withington South Manchester, when a couple of guys came in selling 18 inch colour televisions, saying, ‘they were fitting out a new hotel and they were surplus stock and they had to get rid’, I did not believe this and thought they were probably stolen. I cannot recall the price but they were ridiculously cheap.

Several people however said yes I will have one and consequently went out into the car park where the sellers had a van; all the TV’s were all in sealed boxes they opened one of the boxes to show the new TV inside. I believe as the buyers handed over the money for a boxed telly they were told ‘quick shove them in your car as if our boss sees us selling them we’ve had it’ or some such words.

To cut a long story short when the people who bought the TV’s got home and opened the boxes instead of a new television they found a large block of plywood. How do I know this my daft brother in law was one of the purchasers, he still gets ribbed over this to this day by our family.

Somewhere there is a moral here. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #645204 20th Aug 2017 12:22pm
SonicFields

LANDROVER
Please enlighten me, I know my eyesight is getting bad, but never seen a Land Rover nor any other 4x4 spares/accessories shop at that location Shocked
Post #645259 20th Aug 2017 6:22pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Agree Gilarion.

Especially with second hand parts and certain auction sites always worthwhile checking out the seller.

Sonic, according to facebook N & K have only been there since the beginning of this month.

They have been an incorporated company for 2 years and seem to have been trading on ebay for about 10 years.

Brendan
Post #645267 20th Aug 2017 6:52pm
LANDROVER

United Kingdom 
SonicFields wrote:
LANDROVER
Please enlighten me, I know my eyesight is getting bad, but never seen a Land Rover nor any other 4x4 spares/accessories shop at that location Shocked

SonicFields,

N & K 4X4 has just moved from Fakenham to Watton. The owner is local to Watton and from what I gather been in the motor trade for many years. I started dealing with him within the last 12 months.

I can highly recommend him.

Regards,

LANDROVER
Post #645397 21st Aug 2017 10:54am
SonicFields

Leeds & Landrover thanks for the info. Good to hear of a local LR spares/accessories shop opening, just hope it's a physical shop, and not some form of trading address. Sorry to hear about the loss of stock and wish them well for the future.
Post #645457 21st Aug 2017 4:19pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Sometimes I am asked to check out/do I know various 'traders' .

One 'trader' of vehicles work premises was on the third floor of a block of flats and all vehicle photos were taken in the blocked paved car park of the flats.

Another trader changed trading names almost more times then I have hot dinners.

Yes it is worth checking out on traders to see if they are genuine trade. Company house check, VAT number check, google street view all worth while if in doubt about a trader before parting with your hard earned cash.

I checked out one trader on eBay who issued VAT invoices, however the VAT number was fake!

Brendan
Post #645558 21st Aug 2017 9:47pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
"I checked out one trader on eBay who issued VAT invoices, however the VAT number was fake! "

That is unbelievable, Brendan!! Fiddling the VAT man is not a place I would ever venture, but I don't suppose these people worry or care?

I do remember the Audi Quatro Wheeler Dealers where Mike got some of the parts from a Guy with a heavy West Midlands accent who worked out of a detached house on an estate. Had metal racking in the first floor bedrooms and a loft ladder and storage in the loft!

I looked it up years after the programme was made and he was still trading as such.
Post #645566 21st Aug 2017 10:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1