↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Lack of response from dealer and LRC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
Lack of response from dealer and LRC
What does it take to get a response out of LRC and dealership about warranty work?

Despite visits and phone calls to dealership plus emails to dealership and LRC, ZERO response with approval and date for work to be carried out!

Brendan
Post #641086 1st Aug 2017 8:00am
Sockpuppet

United Kingdom 
It took me over a year to get the dealer to get a yes/no about window screen corrosion. Car now booked in the the 14th.
Post #641091 1st Aug 2017 8:53am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Brendan, not sure if you are talking about mechanical warranty work or corrosion. Whilst I've only had two small electrical problems sorted under warranty on my latest Defender I have had other claims on a TDi300, a Discovery 3 and a Discovery Sport, all of which were sorted out with no hassle via my local dealer.

From reading numerous posts it does look like JLR find it difficult to authorise corrosion and paintwork, the problem being you never know whether it's being held up by the dealer or by JLR.

Maybe it's time for a letter to Ralf Speth, Chief Executive Officer of Jaguar Land Rover. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #641115 1st Aug 2017 10:25am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
No problems with mechanical warranty work. Bodywork corrosion warranty, now that's a different story.........
Post #641139 1st Aug 2017 12:36pm
Browjam

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
You really have to persevere, The main dealer body shop have to assess the corrosion, they then have to submit a report to "claim" funds from head office to carry out the work. Once this has come through (after about two months) no one will call you, you will have to spend time asking the body shop to inform the service dept at the dealer that the claim will be honored by head office and if you can do that without being routed back to head office every time you call to check on progress then you will be doing really well - confused yet?

Anyway this was my experience recently with the main dealer in Aylesbury, however there is a happy ending, eventually all the stars were aligned and the corrosion around my windscreen was sorted, as were the two corroded window catch thingies. They wouldn't refurb the alloys though Neutral

You just need to be tenacious, good luck and remember any of you with a car from Aug 2nd 2011 onwards can claim on the 6 year anti corrosion warranty just factor in a 3-4 month lead time !
Post #641153 1st Aug 2017 1:42pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
We've been waiting for three or four months now and as of this afternoon apparently we have to leave the dc with the dealer for a few days so Landrover can approve it even after photos we sent months ago Rolling Eyes So from the 18th of this month the dealer has booked us a courtesy car (disco sport) for two weeks, just Incase, not for the work doing but just so Landrover can look at it Rolling Eyes Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #641209 1st Aug 2017 6:10pm
Browjam

Sounds like their standard, non-standard procedure.

Good luck hopefully this is the start of a resolution. The Disco Sport will just reaffirm why we love our trucks !
Post #641329 2nd Aug 2017 7:25am
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Listers had my 110 for 3 weeks to do a small (10p sized) paint blister. Their admin was shocking and approval from JLR took forever. You just have to keep poking people, which is tiresome for all concerned.
Post #641330 2nd Aug 2017 7:29am
ginjez

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 ST Santorini Black
The windscreen surround on my 64 plate is worse than my millennium heritage. I am told that vehicles with heated screens suffer the worst
Post #641347 2nd Aug 2017 9:17am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I'm still waiting since mine was in in February.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #641353 2nd Aug 2017 9:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Browjam

Something that is worth mentioning.

I was called once the car was in for the warranty work and told that there were some significant stone chips on the wind screen (I was not aware of these - because they don't exist) and that if the screen broke when they were taking it out then there would be a Ł450 cost for replacement that the warranty would not cover.

Not sure if these windscreens are subject to breaking when being removed but for those of you that are having the window frame corrosion rectified just make sure the windscreen is acknowledged as free of stone chips before the work is carried out.

Good luck luck all of you, you just have to keep harrying these people to get the work done, I am tempted to book mine back in in 2019 to get the work done again Rolling with laughter
Post #641357 2nd Aug 2017 10:07am
lightning

United Kingdom 
That was an old DC Cook Fiat/Alfa trick when l took my Alfa Romeo in for warranty work.
They always found a fault or issue that was not covered and did l want them to repair it while the car was in the workshop for xxxx pounds.

When my 145 Cloverleaf went in for a gearbox they told me the clutch was “weak” and they had replaced it at a cost of £500 “while the gearbox was out”

This was strange as the clutch had been replaced not eight weeks previously by Reg Vardy due to juddering.
They wouldn’t release the car until l paid and told me to “take it up with Reg Vardy”

I never got the ÂŁ500 back!!
Post #682990 30th Jan 2018 8:08pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
You should have told them to swivel and remind them that they never asked your permission to fit the part then called the police if they didn't give your car back. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on and have absolutely no right to withhold your vehicle. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #682999 30th Jan 2018 8:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1