Home > Events > Billing 2017
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tompoole

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black
Billing 2017
Hi chaps
I've just got home from the annual billing landrover camp weekend, really great weekend friendly atmosphere.
Relaxing and this year watching the off road fun. Would highly recommend next year and hopefully richard can talk the big
Family 4x4 traders like anchor , 4x4 overlander , CSK , tuff trek etc etc to add the show date to their show calendar.......
Guys this can be a corporate free zone for the enthusiast 👍Please think about getting on board for next year, maybe offer richard and family your views and experience on how to promote the show to your benefit .
Cheers
Tom Have fun be happy
Post #640861 31st Jul 2017 9:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Thumbs Up glad you had a good time - i was coming back from the peak district this weekend and saw quite a few muddy land rovers coming up from norhthampton way on my way home.

If it wasn't so close to Kelmarsh it would have probably been bigger show maybe the dates need to be spread out between them both Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #640893 31st Jul 2017 12:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tompoole

Cheers for reply.... would you attend if date was moved to , Say , June ? Have fun be happy
Post #640896 31st Jul 2017 12:49pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Tom, it sounds like the Kelmarsh and Billing Off Road Show are likely to clash weekends in 2018.

That is NOT good news for traders or public alike.

Having two shows too close together is not good news for small traders. We can not cope with two shows close together as a show is on top of normal work.

With two shows close together it splits the number of attendees at each show and hence potential takings for the trader. Plus their costs are doubled.

We have heard of a completely new show being held on 15/16th June 2018 which in theory sounds interesting to us.

At 4x4 Overlander we have to consider carefully what shows if any are beneficial to us. We need a reasonable time period between shows.

Brendan
Post #641488 2nd Aug 2017 8:53pm
Tompoole

Brendan thanks for feedback, i believe the billing show at grange farm will be in
June next year so might be the one you are referring too 👍 might be worth calling richard
At grange farm to see what special rates are available for traders . Have fun be happy
Post #641596 3rd Aug 2017 1:48pm
Tompoole

Ps , it's also clear to me that live promotions moved their kelmarsh weekend so it clashed with grange farm
Event .......bit naughty that but there's room for both as kelmarsh will be a corporate trade event and grange farm billing
Is the enthusiasts camp weekend with off roading ....... Have fun be happy
Post #641620 3rd Aug 2017 3:01pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Hi Tom,

The show I was referring to is a completely new show with absolutely no connection with Billing and is not close to it either. Proposed dates is 15/16th June 2017. Neither is it being organised by Richard or Live Promotions.

There are only so many shows we can do. We run shows with the aid of unpaid volunteers and shows are not cheap to attend for us. Anyone else want to become an unpaid volunteer Razz

Brendan
Post #641654 3rd Aug 2017 4:25pm
Tompoole

Hi Brendan
Where is the new show? Is it Peterborough show relocating due to showground being sold ?
Tom Have fun be happy
Post #641688 3rd Aug 2017 6:30pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I would assume that by the candid way Brendan is skirting around the subject, location is secret squirrel at present Very Happy

I was chatting to a mate a couple of weeks ago who went to Kelmarsh. Last year we both went to Peterborough. I enjoy Peterborough but his comment to me was that maybe the best shows have probably been and gone when there were big turn outs by the public and traders alike.

The days when there was no internet, when the only way you were going to find out about something (other than the monthly mags) was to turn up at a show and the only way vendors were going to show off their kit was to turn up. I think he is probably right and I feel for the businesses like Brendan's who I expect are charged handsomely to appear at these shows. It is worth remembering that turnover is nothing. The time away from the business, transport, travel, stand charges (possibly extra for electricity and internet I guess?), staff (if you are not lucky enough to have a legion of volunteers), hospitality, and the thefts (if the stuff you sell is small) all comes out of the profit percentage not the turnover.

I still enjoy the shows, but you can understand why sometimes companies don't attend.
Post #641710 3rd Aug 2017 7:54pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Tompoole wrote:
Hi Brendan
Where is the new show? Is it Peterborough show relocating due to showground being sold ?
Tom

NO. It is nothing to do with LRO, Peterborough or Live Promotions.

Shows have changed a lot over recent years. The internet and various auction sites have advantages and disadvantages. TV programmes which encourage haggling and unrealistic expectations on discounts do cause us problems. Then you get the comments, "I know my rights" normally when people say that they do not know their rights.

Shows can be good for consumers as they allow them to physically inspect goods and also get to know the traders and their knowledge.

Barbara and I were talking today about reducing the number of shows we do in 2018.

Rashers is right about costs. Electricity at a show is anything from £200 +. That is for unlocking a cabinet , plugging in an extension lead and doing the reverse a day or two later. Heras fencing for security just another few hundred quid.

Brendan
Post #641753 3rd Aug 2017 9:05pm
Tompoole

Guess you could well be right , maybe the big shows are a thing of the past.
I will keep my eyes open for this new elusive show 👍
Will make the grange farm billing my summer camp and maybe a trip to the overland show
To look at the kit . Have fun be happy
Post #641923 4th Aug 2017 6:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1