Home > Tdi > TDI 300 drive fan belt,
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
TDI 300 drive fan belt,
could this be a sticky if possible?
ok lads, a bit of info on this with the two belt sizes.
Before I bought my replacement fan belt, I read up that these could have two different belts fitted due to the size the alternator pulley.
I did find some information on a forum, stating on what belts can be used on with what size of pulleys, so I used it as a guide. Plus I wanted to double check as some information I have read in the past on some forums has as been very questionable and turned out to be a load of rubbish.

Rather than whip off the belt to measure the length, (saves disturbing anything) I measured the Alternator pulley which came to 61mm, which I then cross checked with the info I read up as a guide and the belt I needed was
1595mm Type - DAYCO ERR3287 (One I used)

If measure the alternator pulley and its 49mm, then you going to need
1580mm 7 ribbed ERR5911

the Tensioner is the same for the two, Auxiliary Belt Tensioner Dayco ERR4708 ( one I used)

here is a link to the guide/ info I used as a ref just to confirm my data. One person states that you can use both belts with one of the sized alternator pulleys but I wouldn't recommend that, less of a pain if you follow what I did.

https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/300...elt.80162/

Great video link too on how to go about it as well if you not sure ( I watched this too)

Not a hard task but I would recommend you fit the belt 1st before the tensioner makes things a little easier.

Hope this info helps Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #637670 15th Jul 2017 4:44pm
jfh

South Africa 2007 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Chawton White
The longer belt works on the small diameter alternator pulley. I had it on for quite a while. The wear markings are just very close to each other.
Post #639027 22nd Jul 2017 7:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1