Home > In Car Electronics > On the blink
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
smudger100

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
On the blink
Hi people. Could you advise on this please:

Fitted HDI spots x4 to rack and DAB HU in the single din slot (2008 Puma SWXS). The spots are wired to only operate when high beam is selected but can be switched of or on via front fog switch on dash the problem is as soon as I turn headlights on ( not spots) it cuts the radio. Side lights fine no probs its only when switching on headlights. Seems to be knocking out the DAB stick on windscreen aerial ?? I've read a lot of posts on here about the problems with these aerials but this issue seems like a fundamental wiring one? Would DAB aerial sharing the same grounding point as spots wiring cause the prob? I extended the DAB earth with some copper wire down behind dash on passenger side to get a good earth on the bulkhead and this is a shared anchor point with spotlight earth. Errr..Sorry to be so needy...... but also spots blink a bit when switched on and sometimes one of the 4 doesn't light. This glitch was there before fitting DAB. My electrical knowledge is extremely ropey- please be gentle with me!!
Post #627955 31st May 2017 12:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1