↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Central Junction Box
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Central Junction Box
Do any of our electrical advisors on here happen to know what kind of receptacle or insert is used for the blade fuse connections in the 2.4 Puma Central Junction Box, i.e. the fuse box under the dash?

Is it by any chance this type:- http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/prod...9ae89975fd

I am exploring the possibility of taking a fused ignition-on feed from one of the unused positions on the CJB and although I know that there are other options (such as the "add-a-fuse" type device) I would prefer it to look as though it is how the factory would have done it (only assembled with care and precision, of course)!

I am aware that it may not be at all easy to get to the back of the CJB, but it is likely that my dash will be coming out soon for a session of wiring upgrades, and I'd like to have the inserts on hand before I start.

Plan B, which will swing into action if Plan A (above) proves to be unfeasible is to take the feed from the front of the superfluous dim-dip relay socket.
Post #626555 24th May 2017 9:30am
PaulMc

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 110 2.5 TD HT Arles Blue
The fuse blocks are easy to release from their carrier panel, see my post here -

http://www.defender2.net/forum/post96207.html#96207

Releasing terminals can be tricky, but inserting terminals into empty cavities is very easy.

The terminals aren't the ones you've linked to, they're made by Lear (Grote and Hartmann), see my post here -

http://www.defender2.net/forum/post145671.html#145671 Paul.
1989 Arles Blue 2.5TD 110 Hardtop
1999 Epsom Green Discovery II 4.0 V8i 'XS'
Post #626574 24th May 2017 11:50am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Paul, I hoped that you'd respond - if anyone knew the answer it was likely to be your good self! I hadn't found the two threads you linked to in my searches, since I had been using search terms which didn't show up. Also I wasn't sure if the 2.4 Puma and TD5 dash fuse blocks were the same.

So many questions answered! Thumbs Up

Can you advise on how to release a fuse block from the carrier? I can see that there are clips at either end, but does the fuse block have to go out backwards? Can it be wiggled out forwards to save having to take the whole bracket/carrier thingy off the dash? Can it be done without removing the plastic dash structure?

I presume also that the secondary locks need to be removed in order to fit a new terminal into an unused position?

I have PMed you re. the purchase of some inserts.

Many thanks!
Post #626582 24th May 2017 12:22pm
PaulMc

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 110 2.5 TD HT Arles Blue
The fuse blocks release by depressing the clip at their bottom, they can then be pushed back behind the mounting panel.

I don't think that it's possible to wiggle them through to the front of the mounting panel.

The mounting panel looks as though it could be unbolted with the plastic trim in place - but, I think that this would probably be easier to do with the trim removed.

Yes, the secondary locks need to be removed before you can insert a terminal.

If you can get your hand behind there, you may be able to insert terminals without unbolting the panel.

I'm just about to reply to your PM. Paul.
1989 Arles Blue 2.5TD 110 Hardtop
1999 Epsom Green Discovery II 4.0 V8i 'XS'
Post #626591 24th May 2017 1:12pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Hello chaps,

Sorry to drag up an old thread - that's what endless searching does for you. Do either of you know if it's possible to obtain spare fuse blocks for the drivers side fuse board? I have a need for some extra fuses in this area and there's an inviting spare way on the board that would make it very neat to do:

Click image to enlarge
 Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #702675 23rd Apr 2018 8:07pm
NickMc

Northern Ireland 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Contact PaulMc up above he’s the man when it comes to that’s stuff! Been using him for years and always is very helpful and super quick delivery Thumbs Up
Post #702749 23rd Apr 2018 11:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1