↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > Overland Costs - How much do I need?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hollywood - we take 2-3 week breaks and travel over europe with the 110 and free camp just about anywhere. you can cover a lot of miles in a day when you put your mind to it and then relax and drive back slowly.
Norway is a fab trip as is sweden, Switzerland is awesome as well.
However the UK is also full of wonders and you can be in Scotland from Cornwall in one long days drive if need be.
So cut your cloth to suit the width and get on the road and see what you can while you can ! Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #626081 22nd May 2017 5:43pm
Hollywood

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
That is the plan. we have a had a chat and i will be investing in the landrover to make it a suitable vehicle for traveling around. I have booked up my road trip to Scotland for 4 days booked with kayaking and coasteering. Me and the other half have also agreed to drive some of the coast around Cornwall in august and camp most evenings so I think we are both on the same level. this was a great thread, with good advice from different age groups .
Post #626237 23rd May 2017 9:29am
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Wave when you are in Cornwall ! Thumbs Up
Just a word of warning - Cornwall is situated in August ... so I would personally recommend late September early October as the best time to visit - still has good weather, long days and fewer tourists, and most of the attractions are still open.

just a thought from a resident!
Whistle Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #626257 23rd May 2017 10:47am

England 2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Stornoway Grey
Shaggydog - I know this is an ageing post.

Are you coming to the Adventure Overland show in September? I think you will find it inspiring, plenty of people there who aren't spending £20k on overland trips!

I've driven London - CapeTown, Route 66, the southern PanAmerican highway (Peru & Chile) as well as several other meandering road trips.

I managed to stop work at 25 and spent several years traveling and doing various jobs and I didn't follow any of the structured advice and planning, I figured it out along the way, including visa's, carnets etc.

Clearly advanced planning is important and prepares you for some of the challenges you will face but you will be surprised how many people are travelling using advice they pick up from other travellers along the way.

I'm now in my 50's now with four children and all the associated responsibilities, but never regret travelling when I was younger.
Post #626302 23rd May 2017 12:57pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
Hi Guys,

Thanks once again for all the input.

Again things are on hold at the moment as both me and my girlfriend have many plates up in the air at the moment, hopefully once we can start tying some of them down we will be able to have a proper look at this again.

In the mean time, I will buy a Euromillions ticket Laughing Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #626304 23rd May 2017 1:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234