↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Meeerrrk's Defender Journey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
blackwolf wrote:
Curious! It's not easy clocking a Puma and would normally involve replacing the IPAC and ECM.

Difficult but not impossible.

You can wire up the speedo to a live feed and with the transducer connected to a drill go down the old route, though it can take weeks to do in that way.

But if you know what you are doing then there is software out there to do it very quick. Or companies that will do it for you though they use the same software as you can find on the net or even eBay under Mileage correction software or tool, though the software tool do tend to cost around £200.00 for the kit.

Companies like Mileage Correction or Digi Dash will alter your speedo mileage just send in the speedo and tell them what millage you want even starting at ‘00000’ if you wish..Cost around £80.00 for the service.

http://www.mileageadjustments.co.uk/

It is not illegal to alter mileage as long as you inform any prospective purchaser you have done so showing why and what is the genuine millage. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #604225 23rd Feb 2017 5:47pm
meeerrrk

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Quote:
Difficult but not impossible.

You can wire up the speedo to a live feed and with the transducer connected to a drill go down the old route, though it can take weeks to do in that way.

But if you know what you are doing then there is software out there to do it very quick. Or companies that will do it for you though they use the same software as you can find on the net or even eBay under Mileage correction software or tool, though the software tool do tend to cost around £200.00 for the kit.

Companies like Mileage Correction or Digi Dash will alter your speedo mileage just send in the speedo and tell them what millage you want even starting at ‘00000’ if you wish..Cost around £80.00 for the service.

http://www.mileageadjustments.co.uk/

It is not illegal to alter mileage as long as you inform any prospective purchaser you have done so showing why and what is the genuine millage.

You aren't wrong, another car in the fleet is a Nissan 350z (yes, we like sub 30mpg cars!) which came over from Ireland with klms, so I bought a MPH cluster and had the mileage adjusted UP to match the original car mileage. Unfortunately, I don't think all uses for these services are as honest Sad

The process involved removing the cluster, plugging it in to his PC and programming the chip to read the mileage I had asked for. The price?... a mere £50. My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #604236 23rd Feb 2017 6:54pm
L110CDL

England 
Welcome and a great intro Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #604304 23rd Feb 2017 9:13pm
meeerrrk

We made a little time this evening to fit a few new parts, plan was;

- Wheels and Tyres
- Nas rear LED lights
- WIPEC front indicators and side lights
- Rear view Mirror (had the bracket in the roof lining but no mirror)

I started off on the wheels, after showing my better half how to fit the LEDs on the front.

Rear wheels completed and she had fitted the LEDs Bow down

However, came to do the front wheels and the nuts are so tight I almost soiled myself trying to get them undone! I then bent the wheel wrench trying...so embarrassing, never been beaten by a wheel nut before :

Click image to enlarge

Then we moved into the NAS rear lights, only to find the plinths don't fit without drilling, which I don't want to do.

So that idea was out the window too...but thanks to Martin, SVX plinths now ordered.

So onto the mirror, fitted that, but not without a fight! Damn it really wasn't my night tonight!

First stop in the morning, tyre shop to get those nuts off and my front wheels fitted! Whistle My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html

Last edited by meeerrrk on 24th Feb 2017 3:17pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #604391 24th Feb 2017 12:10am
Wild Card 90

England 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
Thumbs Up Usual procedure with a Defender. There is always some unforseeable complication involved, even with the standardised bolt on parts. Sawtooths look good.

And a great strategy getting the GF involved in the assembly Wink . 1998 Tdi 90 SW,
2008 Td4 90 SW,
2012 2.2 90 SW,
2" raised Trailmaster/Terrafirma
Heavy Track Raids, 255 MT´s,
Recaro CS´s, anorak, wellingtons
Post #604408 24th Feb 2017 7:49am
meeerrrk

Silly problems sometimes stop us temporarily, but they are usually quick to overcome! Mr. Green

Sawtooth wheels and BFGs fitted! Thumbs Up

I went to pick up my trailer for the first time since September - all was fine (and it was still there!) - The Defender's first job is to tow my MR2 up north this weekend, hope she does us proud!

Click image to enlarge
 My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #604518 24th Feb 2017 3:16pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
meeerrrk wrote:

So onto the mirror, fitted that, but not without a fight!

Is there a knack to fitting the rear view mirror, every time I remove one I always struggle to fit in back in the bracket? I know it is not rocket science but I do always find refitting the mirror difficult. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #604545 24th Feb 2017 5:38pm
meeerrrk

Quote:

Is there a knack to fitting the rear view mirror, every time I remove one I always struggle to fit in back in the bracket? I know it is not rocket science but I do always find refitting the mirror difficult.

I think there must be, but without knowing the knack I just used brute force! Wasn't easy though! My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #604596 24th Feb 2017 8:06pm
meeerrrk

We covered about 600 miles this weekend towing the race car around.

The first real test for our new Defender and I'm so pleased with how it performed!! Mr. Green

Averaged around 28mpg (towing) which has been pretty good, and even in the high winds it pulled like a boss!

Hoping to get a few little jobs done on her tomorrow, so hope to have some updates with what we achieve!

Click image to enlarge
 My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #605152 26th Feb 2017 11:43pm
meeerrrk

a few jobs completed today, first of all the NAS plinths arrived from Mudstuff, I can't rate their service high enough.

So we set about fitting them all, and they look and perform very well indeed! I even had my trusty helper again!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I also received centre caps for the new wheels, so they were quickly "thrown" on!

Click image to enlarge

After seeing a handy little hint on the forum, I fitted a 12V socket in the rear by the factory speaker, nice little mod, I'll use that for the 12v cool box in the summer! I also added a twin USB in the dash top glove box that happened to be fitted by the previous owner, which was a bonus!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I've also removed the side steps, rear door threshold strip and front steering guard to be powercoated black, hope to drop them off this week. My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #605426 27th Feb 2017 11:36pm
L110CDL

England 
Looking good there, nice upgrades and thanks for the pic's Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #605432 27th Feb 2017 11:41pm
Keith5

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Looking to fit a USB socket in my glovebox as well, how did you get your hand in behind the USB unit to tighten up the collar? Keith
Post #605462 28th Feb 2017 8:56am
meeerrrk

Well Keith that is a very good point.

I tried to get my hand up there but couldn't quite get far enough, so I made the hole in the dash with a stepped cone drill (also known as the cone of death!) and slowly opened out the hole so the USB unit was a very tight fit, basically I had to screw it into the dash. I can assure you it isn't going anywhere!

Using the stepped cone of death means you can get exactly the right size hole Thumbs Up

Very useful to keep the GF happy with a full charged phone, an ill also power my tom tom from it, when required meaning I don't have a big connector in the dash 12v outlet and a wire draped over the dash. My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #605480 28th Feb 2017 10:52am
Keith5

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
I'm looking to do the same thing for the same reasons.

I had the centre of the dash out this weekend to have a look and noted that I can't get to the back of this section to tighten up the collar.

I was considering fitting one of these, with the dual 2500mA output, but think that your install without the mounting plate looks much neater.

Click image to enlarge
 Keith
Post #605481 28th Feb 2017 11:05am
meeerrrk

Dual 2500mA would be nice but I must confess both this and the 12v outlet were originally used in my Mr2 when it was a road/Track day car. Ive gone way more extreme with it this winter, so these were removed and left over! As it turns out it fits quite nicely. My 90 Project : http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic52774.html
Post #605483 28th Feb 2017 11:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>