Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 1st Service - recommendations please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
APK

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
1st Service - recommendations please
Hello All,

I realise this has been posted before, but I did not want to hijack someone else's thread as my request is for the area around W/SW London.

Defender is coming up for its 1st Service and I would like to get it done at an LR authorised service location for warranty etc. - I do not mind a reasonable commute for good service Smile

Disappointed by recent interactions with a dealership in Battersea - seem uninterested in the Defender model and nobody onsite seems to know anything about them. Hesitant to send it back there even if it is for a small job.

Appreciate if anyone can share experience or ideally recommendations and PM me the contact of a service manager they believe have provided great/above average service, preferably from the list (or vicinity of) below.

1) Lancaster Land Rover, Burnham - 367 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 5QA
2) Wimbledon Land Rover Service Centre - Bushey Road, Raynes Park, London, SW20 8BP
3) Lancaster Land Rover Reading - Bennet Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 0QX
4) Stratstone Land Rover, Aylesbury - Buckingham Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 9QH
5) Guy Salmon Land Rover, Thames Ditton - Kingston House Estate, Portsmouth Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 5QG
6) Harwoods Land Rover, Crawley - Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9PY
7) Harwoods Land Rover Pulborough - London Road, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 1AS
Cool Lookers Land Rover, Battersea - 50 Lombard Road, Battersea, London, SW11 3SU
9) Guy Salmon Land Rover Ascot - 17 London Road, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 7EN / 71-75 High Street, Ascot, SL5 7HS
10) Lookers Land Rover, West London - Concord Road, London, W3 0BF

Thanks in advance!
Post #590094 4th Jan 2017 3:29pm
toby9946

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Landmark LE Corris Grey
I was in the same situation back in October.

I would avoid Battersea, I had exactly the same problems with them, totally clueless despite being the supplying dealer for me.

I ended up going to Wimbledon Land Rover due to the good reviews on Google. But I personally had a nightmare experience there and would recommend that you avoid them at all costs! I gave them a list of warranty issues to fix/look at and upon collection they claimed that either "its a defender they all do that" and or they sorted the other issues (which they did not as they are still not fixed to this day). They also did not grease the propshafts so I dread to think what else they did not do.

But the worst of all was when I collected it i discovered a 2 foot scrape in the paint on the front wheel arch/wing.... to say I was unimpressed is an understatement, it took all my strength not to completely fly off the handle as it was pristine when I left it with them. Anyway luckily I'm into my detailing on other cars so was able to 99% remove the damage but did they ever follow up their promises to sort it themselves or finish any of the warranty work?? No they did not!!!

Sorry I cannot recommend anyone on the list but i can recommend you avoid Battersea and Wimbledon!

Good luck with whoever you take it to though! -2015 Defender 90 XS Landmark-
Post #590174 4th Jan 2017 7:40pm
APK

Thanks toby9946

I was about to try Wimbledon as they were competitive for 1st service on www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/service-and-...line.html. Shocked

Looks like an opportunity for a tripadvisor type website/app where the owner community is able to book a service and vote on experience - dealers are then somehow recognised and recommended by region.

I understand you do the detailing yourself, but would you recommend anyone to detail a Defender?

Thanks Thumbs Up
Post #590218 4th Jan 2017 8:54pm
K.M

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Defender is one of the easiest cars to detail because the paint is like butter so corrects really easily by hand or machine! I recently had mine at a detailing show.... Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #590287 4th Jan 2017 11:15pm
APK

Shocked Thumbs Up
Post #590398 5th Jan 2017 3:03pm
Gatecrasher

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
Hi APK,
Two Harwoods dealerships I have used are Coulsdon which I wasn't pleased with for a few reasons and Edenbridge who I am and have used now for the last 4 years, Adam is the Service manager and the other service advisors including Colin are all helpful and friendly. They do offer a free collection/ drop off service as long as you give them enough lead time, usually 2-3 weeks for service and warranty work and I'm 20 miles away. The other bonus is when you phone around for prices every dealer I found quotes a different price for the same service, where I found Edenbridge almost the cheapest then priced matched on the lowest price I'd been quoted.
Post #590640 6th Jan 2017 10:02am
APK

Thanks Gatecrasher. In correspondence with Coulsden - looks like I will drop them then Rolling Eyes
Edenbridge comes highly recommended from a forum member who PMed me and I have reached out, much appreciated!

On another thread I understand Aylesbury had offered £299, and then £300+. When I spoke last, best they could do was£500+ Shocked They must be busy with all the Celebration Editions coming up for the 1st anniversary.

Wondering if anyone can share experience using Hunters Land Rover Peasmarsh - GU3 1NE? Thanks in advance!

Called just about everyone in a 60 mile radius, down to a short list now Very Happy
Post #590732 6th Jan 2017 3:43pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
The Hunters place used to be Guava until recently and they're excellent. It's a dedicated service centre rather than a dealership. They used to take care of my D3 and now look after my wifes' D4.

For those on the D3/D4 forum, they do offer a small discount so may be worth mentioning your membership here too. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #590739 6th Jan 2017 3:58pm
Gatecrasher

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
Funny enough if I recall correctly it was Hunters that had previously given me the lowest quote for a dealer stamp in the book, I put it down to being a dedicated service centre no fancy coffee machine or showroom overheads are added to the service price Laughing
Best of luck APK, I will be very interested how you get on as I have the same exercise to go through soon!
Post #590863 6th Jan 2017 11:15pm
APK

Gatecrasher Happy to share my shortlist and feedback on experience when I get the service done over the next 2 weeks.

LandRoverAnorak Pearsmarsh said they may have provided discounts for forum members when they were Guava but not since they became Hunters.

I wonder if dealers are reading this as one responded with £399 this evening Confused

Edenbridge and Pearmarsh stand out as being friendly and knowledgeable - I'm hoping its not just first impressions.

Looking for a competitive price and a good experience with technicians who care about the vehicle.

Many thanks for the all the responses and PMs. Thumbs Up
Post #590870 7th Jan 2017 12:00am
APK

Just got back from my 1st service.

I picked Hunters Land Rover Peasmarsh (ex-Guava) which was a 40 mile drive.

James Cook provided an excellent service arranging the appointment and answering all my questions. The technician who worked on my vehicle was Arnie. He owns a Defender that is parked outside and I am told that there are two technicians, Arnie & Colin who are very knowledgeable from the Guava days.

Arnie also joined me outside for a coffee and we had a chat about the mods on his vehicle and what I need to watch out for on mine (btw he is also a Defender2.net forum member). He said the Dinitrol treatment I got done on my Defender when it was brand new was very thorough, so many thanks to Zagato... Very Happy (Arnie said he would reach out to you to get his done as well).

I paid £423.57 inc VAT for the 1st service, but I got a discount on that and the accessories I purchased VPLDS0147, LR005041 & LR005040 (which I would also recommend).

In short, excellent experience thanks to James and Arnie. Thumbs Up

If interested reach out to James Cook, Service Advisor, Hunters Land Rover Peasmarsh, T: + 44 (0) 1483 543 724

Thanks again to this forum and members for all responses and PMs. Much gratitude!
Post #591266 8th Jan 2017 12:52pm
dunc

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
APK - what %age discount did you get off your service? Hunters website service booking page is quoting £443.65 for the first service.
Post #597169 29th Jan 2017 6:25am
APK

dunc, 10% off everything as I purchased accessories mentioned.
The website prices have no meaning. When you call up they are usually unaware of the website price. Suggest reaching out to Marc Reeves (Edenbridge) and James Cook (Peasmarsh).
I realised that the most important aspect of the service is the availability of a knowledgeable technician to work on the vehicle. You are reliant on them to find manufacturing defects which need to get resolved in the first 3 years!
Post #597260 29th Jan 2017 12:45pm
xtr2turbo

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Gatecrasher wrote:
Hi APK,
Two Harwoods dealerships I have used are Coulsdon which I wasn't pleased with for a few reasons and Edenbridge who I am and have used now for the last 4 years, Adam is the Service manager and the other service advisors including Colin are all helpful and friendly. They do offer a free collection/ drop off service as long as you give them enough lead time, usually 2-3 weeks for service and warranty work and I'm 20 miles away. The other bonus is when you phone around for prices every dealer I found quotes a different price for the same service, where I found Edenbridge almost the cheapest then priced matched on the lowest price I'd been quoted.

Just booked mine in at Edenbridge. £464 inc VAT for first service. Worth calling in and discussing face to face rather than going through the call centre.
Post #602788 18th Feb 2017 12:54pm
APK

Happy New Year all!

That time of the year again and my Defender is up for its 2nd year service.

Looking for (1) authorised service centre recommendations (in terms of great service, knowledge of Defenders etc.) near SW London, I do not mind a bit of a drive if its worth it, and (2) how much you paid for a 2nd service (£).

Has anyone used Stratstone Land Rover, Aylesbury recently, and would you recommend?

Appreciate comments/PMs, service manager recommendations. Many thanks in advance!

APK
Post #676912 8th Jan 2018 4:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>