↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Defendoor or doordefender?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Defendoor or doordefender?
Saw this today .. nice idea but might not work on a defender http://doordefender.net
Post #594025 18th Jan 2017 8:13am
agentmulder

Kuwait 
Young kid in a car next to me dinged my rear arch the other day.

It's fine, kids do that, need to learn how things work - I get it - however the mother appeared to not give a toss and did a nice job of ignoring it, the look on the kids face when he realised the vehicle was occupied though ( Shocked ).

It got to me, I said "yeah so your kid did just hit mine"

"No he didn't!" (as opposed to 'what?? hit? excuse me?? etc...)

"Yes he did, not only did I hear it, but I felt it"

She ignored me, and my better half suggested I leave it there - no big fuss, it's got more impressive dings...

Anyway, if I had one of these I would have stuck it on hers. Thumbs Up Solved the bowel problem, working on the consonants...
Post #594030 18th Jan 2017 9:15am
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
Might be a problem as magnets don't stick too well to ally Rolling Eyes

I prefer a large set of tree sliders, they do lots of damage to other doors Rolling with laughter 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #594036 18th Jan 2017 9:36am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Shocked people buy them Shocked 60

Hurry only two left

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doordefender-prot...B00F2ECLV0
Post #594053 18th Jan 2017 10:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dantastic

United Kingdom 
The beauty of tree sliders and corner protectors. They shouldn't be called tree sliders, they should be called supermarket bars.

Sitting in traffic I had a lady drive in the rear corner of my 2016 90 a couple of months ago. Proper thump. I hopped out to assess the damage and she sticks the head out the window shouting angrily 'I didn't hit you'. This is with my rear corner protector still firmly lodged into her bumper!
I shouted some profanities as I was pretty Censored off. Censored she had ran into the back of me and Censored because she was trying to claim it didn't happen.

Anyway, there was absolutely zero damage to mine thanks to the corner protectors. Her bonnet had a nasty dent.
Post #594058 18th Jan 2017 11:00am
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
My Defender is one that is used every day for everything I do, last weekend we were sorting out one of our Clubs more private Pay and Play sites, school runs all week, down farm tracks and across a piece of set aside to spanner on a broken down tractor this morning then I'll probably be greenlaning this weekend.
To cut a long story short, mine is quite "agricultural" and allways filthy, I made the rock/tree sliders, again quite agricultural, and with the winch bumper and bumperettes the only way a car or shopping trolley would meet the panels unless they were 3' up in the air! I have had some amusing moments in carparks where numpties have dumped their car in the next space and then thrust their door open onto the rock sliders, yes they might have chipped a bit of paint off them but generally the mud and grime has cushioned the blow. I've had mothers in the school carpark drive into it and then accuse me of driving into them, which is a bit rich when I'm stood behind them with the keys in my pocket.
It is a sad state of affairs that you need to add protection to your vehicles because of the numpties that walk this earth and possess car keys Rolling Eyes
Post #594068 18th Jan 2017 11:49am
Riverboy

2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
The French are terrible for this. They have no respect for other peoples property. I've had people slam their doors into the side of my car (thankfully not the Defender) whilst I'm sat in it, and there's no apology when I've confronted them. The other week I watched a woman parking her car at the supermarket in town. She drove straight into the side of the next car, reversed, got into her space, got out, didn't even seem bothered about whether she'd damaged hers or the other car, went to get her trolley and off into the store. My car was as usual parked a taxi ride away at the farthest corner of the car park. Rolling Eyes
Post #594073 18th Jan 2017 12:05pm
g-mack

United Kingdom 
that's not a door defender!!!

THIS is a door defender!! Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
 My 109 thread

my youtube channel
Post #594076 18th Jan 2017 12:22pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Riverboy wrote:
The French are terrible for this. They have no respect for other peoples property. I've had people slam their doors into the side of my car (thankfully not the Defender) whilst I'm sat in it, and there's no apology when I've confronted them. The other week I watched a woman parking her car at the supermarket in town. She drove straight into the side of the next car, reversed, got into her space, got out, didn't even seem bothered about whether she'd damaged hers or the other car, went to get her trolley and off into the store. My car was as usual parked a taxi ride away at the farthest corner of the car park. Rolling Eyes

Hello Riverboy, the same thing happens in Aussie, some people just don't give a stuff about other people's property, or theirs,......judging by the look of some of the vehicles we see.
So when we travel, we are VERY particular about where the Defender is parked, Wifey is the same with her Audi RS3,...just try to park it where it's "safe"! Neither of our cars is EVER parked in a shopping centre.
Pickles.
Post #594237 18th Jan 2017 9:11pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
^^^^ Neigh on impossible in the U.K. So many Euroboxes you'll have to climb over them shortly..
Most are too small to worry about anyway.
Thumbs Up Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #594243 18th Jan 2017 9:25pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
This is more like it and comes with a hot girl to practice on!

Post #594303 19th Jan 2017 7:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgardel

Italy 
My be good only for Pumas....with steel door, but not good for aluminium doors....... Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #594349 19th Jan 2017 10:55am
dgardel

Italy 
Zagato wrote:
This is more like it and comes with a hot girl to practice on!

I want it!!!! Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #594350 19th Jan 2017 10:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1