↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > 50th Sold at Auction for £16900
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Albert McFly

Scotland 
It's certainly an interesting forum with a lot of members on here also. Certain people peddle the high asking prices actively try to devalue other ones to secure them for their own benefit. There is also a misconception regarding advertised 'fully reconditioned' 50ths, these are painted and have the interior updated but don't have any chassis work or any parts underneath changed, a truly reconditioned 50th would have a nut and both rebuild on a new chassis and a reconditioned engine.

I know of one that has sold for over £40k but the general selling price is between £16k-£25k
Post #585053 14th Dec 2016 4:19pm
Crocs

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
Albert McFly wrote:
I bought the £13.5k one which was chronically under sold by its owner, I then sold it in a private deal for more than stated below. I also acquired a similar spec one for £8.5k which was in a mess, after a restoration that sold in a deal worth £19k. The other one is currently getting a nut and bolt rebuild on a galv chassis.

They are out there if you look and get lucky and I think that jap one is very good value considering GB model prices.

I think, Albert, the phrase to use for your £13500 one is "I stole it!" Whistle Looking forward to seeing your project one.

You're right, AM, an average price really tells you nothing, does it? Although I suppose that particular thread gives an idea of ball parks to help if you're buying/selling/insuring.

Robert
Post #585054 14th Dec 2016 4:31pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
Albert McFly wrote:
It's certainly an interesting forum with a lot of members on here also. Certain people peddle the high asking prices actively try to devalue other ones to secure them for their own benefit. There is also a misconception regarding advertised 'fully reconditioned' 50ths, these are painted and have the interior updated but don't have any chassis work or any parts underneath changed, a truly reconditioned 50th would have a nut and both rebuild on a new chassis and a reconditioned engine

Indeed. Just what my intentions are, complete nut and bolt rebuild Thumbs Up
Post #585068 14th Dec 2016 5:43pm
Crocs

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
Albert McFly wrote:
It's certainly an interesting forum with a lot of members on here also. Certain people peddle the high asking prices actively try to devalue other ones to secure them for their own benefit. There is also a misconception regarding advertised 'fully reconditioned' 50ths, these are painted and have the interior updated but don't have any chassis work or any parts underneath changed, a truly reconditioned 50th would have a nut and both rebuild on a new chassis and a reconditioned engine.

I know of one that has sold for over £40k but the general selling price is between £16k-£25k

Might be a wee bit harsh on definition of 'reconditioned'. Many are more than just a paint job (although some are!). I see that Barry across on the 50th forum now defines what you describe as 'rebuilt' which is probably more accurate. Should be stunning when finished. Are you going to paint chassis to keep it looking original or keep it shiny?

Robert
Post #585070 14th Dec 2016 5:57pm
Albert McFly

Scotland 
Just the crossmember so it matches the step, I'm not to hung up on the whole origionality bit with 50ths so not to fussy if the whole chassis is done.
Post #585078 14th Dec 2016 6:07pm
Ryegault

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Alaska White
The condition of these japanese landrovers in unbelievable,

They are honestly better underneath that a 6month old uk car
Post #594163 18th Jan 2017 6:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12