↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Site News & Feedback > Why I just donated to the site :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
agentmulder

Kuwait 
Why I just donated to the site :)
So a new years resolution related to the defender was to turn up the music more and stop listening for issues and just enjoy the dang thing. This potentially came to bite me in the arse as after some 'playful' driving with a Ford Ranger on the motorway and in between tunes I heard a gawd awful racket coming from something up the front. I put the clutch in and stepped off the horses and oh dear, worst case: the frequency of the racket was a function of RPM Crying or Very sad .

Pull off the motorway luckily close to the local premium LR dealer, known for it's polished floors, coffee, sh!te hold music and exorbitant service fees.

Anyhoo, it's getting MUCH louder, and people are covering their children's eyes from the scene. I park and flip its skirt up and carefully swap my hot Bovril from the cubby box cup holder to the handy engine based cup holder/warmer, but lo and behold right next to this I see that the aft cylinders have decided to do a panto impression of a steam engine:

Shocked + off to defender2.net, and straight away I find: http://www.defender2.net/forum/post233449.html

No time as I'm off to dinner with the lady, but read up the WSM after tea and rode me bike down to vehicle with appropriate tools in the AM. Within 20mins (damn plastic harness mount thing is fiddly!) it was fixed.

Thumbs Up

Without that thread I think I would have opted to get it towed to the dealer, no doubt low staffed at this time of year.

Saved me $$, so Martin, please accept my small ( Whistle ) but positive donation. Top work.

Off to order replacement bolt(s) now, WSM indicates they are 'torque to yield' so I should really replace them... Solved the bowel problem, working on the consonants...
Post #589930 3rd Jan 2017 11:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1