↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Pictures & Video > Series 2 club local meet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LANDROVER

United Kingdom 
Series 2 club local meet
Local Series 2 meeting on a wet Sunday last weekend. Mine is the blue Series 2. The picture in the car park was not taken by myself. Plenty of river crossings. Good fun day.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #572517 21st Oct 2016 5:35pm
LANDROVER

United Kingdom 
Another fine picture not taken by myself...but by someone with a proper camera & skills. Mine is second in convoy.

Click image to enlarge
Post #572518 21st Oct 2016 5:39pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Great pics. Used to enjoy the club and it's runs...

My 109 I used as a daily drive for three years. Used for work and very cool on the school run with the cab and tilt off!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #572530 21st Oct 2016 6:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LANDROVER

United Kingdom 
Nice period style picture Zagato, and great looking 109. I like the lights in middle look of a series 2.

Yes the runs are good, I just dont want to add more patina to the Land Rover so dont use it much for lanes.
I gained a new bit of patina Sunday...

But it's nice to use them for what they were designed for.
Post #572545 21st Oct 2016 7:31pm
mini Anaconda

United Kingdom 
Zagato wrote:
Great pics. Used to enjoy the club and it's runs...

My 109 I used as a daily drive for three years. Used for work and very cool on the school run with the cab and tilt off!

Great pictures, I saw them up on the S2C forum, looks like a good day.

Zagato, when did you own that blue 109"? I know the current owner of it. :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #572561 21st Oct 2016 9:00pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Maybe 7 years ago. I sold it to a guy in Leicester but his wife couldn,t stand it being on the drive so within a week he sold it to Eddie/Eric I think his name was and it was driven back down near me again.

As my daily drive I could put up with the drips down my neck, frozen window on the inside, having to wear gloves, no heater, etc BUT the crashing ride over the potholes did me in. I put on parabolic suspension but it made little difference so I sold her. she had such a sweet quiet engine, must of done 10 miles everyday with me, took her to France and up and down the country towing boats, picking up stationary engines etc but I always treated her carefully, never went over 50 mph etc.

Unfortunately the original sweet engine blew with the last owner as he hacked it up and down the motorway like a modern but to his credit he sorted a new engine. The rear axle also went on him and other bits, he put the work into her. Nothing went wrong for me in the three years I had her as a daily drive but I am a gentle driver and most of it was around town, school runs, shops and a landscaping round! Just bad luck for Eddie/Eric he seemed a nice guy, Polish I think, did his own work...

I bought and sold at the same price about £3500. How much have Series II's gone up, what do you think it would be worth today 4-5K maybe. I have lost touch with the values...
Post #572616 22nd Oct 2016 8:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1