↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Grumpy Old Man Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 159 of 265 <123 ... 158159160 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
^^^^ Well that's a sweeping generalisation right there.
There are lots of members on here I can think of under 26 and they own 90's and 110's so they aren't all dumb.

However, the one you've come across sounds like an estate "homie" type, much like some of the coppers come across on Road Wars in areas like Slough etc.
Rolling Eyes

Probably best IMO to go over his head, make a complaint and then they learn the hard way.
That is the only way they learn as it goes in one ear and out the other with a certain few.

Might be wort checking all your parts are still present on the 110 too. Laughing
Post #551656 27th Jul 2016 5:45pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
^^ Quite agree Thumbs Up Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #551864 28th Jul 2016 12:38pm
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
I did complain and the answer I got was most of the teenagers aren't old enough to drive so they wouldn't understand the space needed !
Post #551898 28th Jul 2016 2:42pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
What sort of excuse is that! Old enough to work but not drive... Whistle
Post #551925 28th Jul 2016 5:09pm
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
As well as being a farmer or more accurately because I am a farmer I am quite a competent maker, in both wood and steel i have skills. I also know what properly means. Please can someone please tell my idiot wife that I know what I am doing when it comes to putting t&g boarding on a wall and if I am doing it a certain way it is because I am doing a proper job not a bodge and I certainly don't need lessons in how my nailer works or how to use a scroll saw to notch out for a plug point. I don't stand over her telling her that she is hanging wallpaper wrong or mithering on that her cutting in leaves something to be desired, mostly because when I paint something it looks like a 3 year old did it with a pointed stick. I can't decorate so I let them as can do. Extend the courtesy. Grrrr. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #552612 31st Jul 2016 4:17pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Best time of the year and I'm struck down out if the blue with a bloody cold. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Post #553519 3rd Aug 2016 9:42pm
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
Dvla licence renewal on the Internet. I appreciate the need for security but I also seem to remember not that long ago we used a device that was essentially un hackable, it was called a brio or something and you used it to make a mark of your own design upon a thing called papare and consequently you didn't have to spend half your life tapping in endless strings of numbers into the ether. Pita. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #555369 11th Aug 2016 6:35pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
"I have just bought a new Puma Defender because ever since I was a single cell organism I have fancied one. But goodness me isn't it noisy and aren't the gears a bit notchy, and how do you change gear without making the whole thing crash and bang so much? I'm finding the steering a bit, well, a bit funny and not at all like the new company Audi - is this normal? Can I fit the spare tyre on the bonnet just like they did on that Daktari tv show? By the way are the front mats supposed to provide you with free foot spa and why is the water a funny red colour? People keep waving at me too, I like that a lot as it makes me feel like I do when I've had a nice hot bowl of Ready Brek on a cold winter morning.

Oh yes, which brand of unleaded is best for it and where do I put it in? Oh and why do they have that funny bracket with nothing on it sticking up underneath the gearbox?

Oh, oh and someone said I need to get the underneath sprayed with a secret and exotic vegetable and fruit juice mix in order to prevent something called corrosion. Could someone explain what corrosion is please?

Oh, oh, oh one more thing, will I bump my head if I roll the car?"

Rolling Eyes Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #555662 12th Aug 2016 9:47pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Ferking irresponsible dog walkers
Unfortunately the end of our drive is on a popular route for dog walkers. Now I have no problem with responsible dog walkers who clear up the mess their dog deposits.

Yes I have strong objections to the lazy tosses who let their dogs foul on our drive so that
I step in it when I get out of our Defender and/or when I close our gate.

Latest ferking lazy dog walker has actually picked up dog mess and then dumped it in our bin which was out for emptying today. Only problem there is it was one of the recycling bins. The paper recycling bin so if I had not raked it out there is a possibility that the contaminated paper would have had to be dumped in landfill!

If you walk a dog do it responsibly otherwise don't

Brendan
Post #558697 24th Aug 2016 9:08pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Tourists and bends
It's that time of year and despite it bringing valuable income to the area, I am nevertheless fed up with bloody tourists. But this year it is even worse as it seems all the tourists that are visiting have never experienced a bend before. Shocked Have bends be banned outside the Alps? Do drivers not use or experience them anymore? What do they expect to happen when they go round one? I can understand a driver being cautious with fresh snow, but 17-20km on each and every bend for nigh on 30kms yet without the good grace or road manners to pull over and let the tail back of cars pass....good grief. Big Cry Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #558899 25th Aug 2016 5:10pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Ah summer at last. On the commute home you can't beat the odour of an obese man on a crowded train* to make you feel alive.

*a genuinely crowded train, not one with empty seats to walk past in a lame attempt to make a half arsed political point.
Post #558905 25th Aug 2016 6:11pm
Bps

United Kingdom 
Waving at other defender owners only for them to totally blank you despite staring straight at you
Post #559087 26th Aug 2016 1:12pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
BT wasting money sending everyone a phone directory. Who uses them these days? Ours gets opened and then makes the short journey to the recycling bin.
Barbara
Post #559101 26th Aug 2016 2:15pm
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
Happyoldgit wrote:
"I have just bought a new Puma Defender because ever since I was a single cell organism I have fancied one. But goodness me isn't it noisy and aren't the gears a bit notchy, and how do you change gear without making the whole thing crash and bang so much? I'm finding the steering a bit, well, a bit funny and not at all like the new company Audi - is this normal? Can I fit the spare tyre on the bonnet just like they did on that Daktari tv show? By the way are the front mats supposed to provide you with free foot spa and why is the water a funny red colour? People keep waving at me too, I like that a lot as it makes me feel like I do when I've had a nice hot bowl of Ready Brek on a cold winter morning.

Oh yes, which brand of unleaded is best for it and where do I put it in? Oh and why do they have that funny bracket with nothing on it sticking up underneath the gearbox?

Oh, oh and someone said I need to get the underneath sprayed with a secret and exotic vegetable and fruit juice mix in order to prevent something called corrosion. Could someone explain what corrosion is please?

Oh, oh, oh one more thing, will I bump my head if I roll the car?"

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter You forgot though : " which of the hundreds of brands of oil/wipers/soundproofing/polish/screenwash/radios/seats/bulbs/grilles/embellishments/detailing must I agonise publicly over before babying a car that was put together so badly you can see the road through the rear seat box on one side" Laughing

Rolling Eyes
Post #559111 26th Aug 2016 3:35pm
languedoc

Scotland 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alaska White
Neighbours dog Censored in my courtyard. Knock on his door to ask him to a. Pick it up now and B. Don't let your dog do it again.

Response was typically Gallic shrug and what was he supposed to do. After reminding him I have 4 Remington 12 bores and a decent sized pressure cooker, he understood my point.

I have 3 dogs and never leave their mess. It's just manners.
Post #559118 26th Aug 2016 4:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 159 of 265 <123 ... 158159160 ... 263264265>