Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Avalanche Autoworks

Click image to enlarge

http://www.avalancheeditions.com/

BURGLARS stole two Land Rovers, set about wrecking a third car, and stole and smashed tools when they broke into a young businessman's car customising unit.

Thieves cut through steel security gates to get into the yard of Avalanche Autoworks, Coutances Way Park, Ilkley, on Tuesday night (March 26), and stole the owner's Land Rover - which they did not have the key or steering wheel for.

They then broke into the unit itself, where two Land Rover Defenders belonging to customers were parked, and stole one vehicle.

Business owner, Max Quilter, says they must have been unable to take the third car - which was fitted with an immobiliser - and instead began to wreck the vehicle, a restoration project which had undergone extensive work in the last six months and was just days away from completion.

Mr Quilter, 25, who only set up the business about 18 months ago, said: "They then decided to vandalise the vehicle beyond belief. Almost every panel has been replaced on this vehicle so the thieves decided to pour waste engine oil all over the interior and engine, smash and key every panel to the extent they climbed in the cabin to smash the inside of the roof with some form of sharp tool.

"They poured paint thinners and then proceed to spray paint with aerosol the rest when they likely used up all the engine oil. They then proceeded to smash the doors off, which are worth £250 minimum each, but decided not to steal them.

"Kindly, they then decided to steal every last tool in my workshop that I've purchased over the last eight years, to name but a few, welding system, dust extraction machine, all my snap on tools, and spray guns.. They even decided to take things like trolley jacks which are worth nothing second hand when compared with the doors. It is as if they had an intention of stopping me dead in my tracks and out of business."

Mr Quilter, who has been in the motor trade since he was 17, says he has always worked towards the goal of starting his own business, putting all his earnings in the last three years straight back into it, in the hope of becoming a bigger business.

He put video footage showing the devastation in his workshop online, and has attracted more than 25,000 views, plus numerous messages from all over the country and offers of help from other local businesses.

"The support and coverage have been phenomenal," said Mr Quilter.

"I had people message me from all over the country offering to help get me back on my feet with things like CCTV, tools, premises offered and fellow Landy owners wishing me well. Being a small business I am blow away by the support and it really shows there are more good people than bad."

West Yorkshire Police have asked anyone with information on the burglary to contact them on non-emergency number 101, quoting crime number 13160136063, or call the Crimestoppers line anonymously on (0800) 555111.

http://www.wharfedaleobserver.co.uk/news/1..._business/
Post #520772 4th Apr 2016 10:17am
LoveTheMud

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
That is appalling!!! Poor guy. It sounds like a group of jealous low life scum
Post #520781 4th Apr 2016 10:47am
ibexman

United Kingdom 
Pond life scum
Post #520782 4th Apr 2016 10:47am
dorsetsmith

a hate to say it will striped in to part and send to eastern Europe in 60 foot shipping container Exclamation
Post #520790 4th Apr 2016 11:16am
gumdrop

United Kingdom 
He's up and running again used crowd funding I believe - anyone on here have any experience of him - especially bodywork and painting? Cheers

Simon
-------------------------
50th D90 - my toy!
Freelander SE Td4 3 door - local run around
1958 Series 1- Rag top!
Post #540111 14th Jun 2016 5:22pm
BossHog

England 
What's worse is I'm not that shocked by it, as these types of crimes are becoming more and more common daily events, even here we discuss security of our P&J daily Crying or Very sad what's wrong with these people.

Hope the guy rises above it and makes an even better success of his business.
Post #540138 14th Jun 2016 7:15pm
Fatboy Slim

Wales 
Unbelievable. Reminds me of my mate who was an owner driver with a hiab wagon. They tried to pinch it but the immobiliser kicked in so they burnt it where it cut out Evil or Very Mad
Post #540192 14th Jun 2016 9:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1