↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Marshall Halesworth fit to be dealership?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
durham

England 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I had hoped Ryan or LR reps may have picked up on this, but I have PMd their Def2 membership ID asking for help.

I should have seen the writing on the wall, I bought the demonstrator USW XS, it had towing kit fitted and I need air con for France and I didnt have time to spec one then wait for delivery. I test drove it at 450 miles, due to rules about waiting until its 3 months before they can sell on I had to wait 3 weeks to take delivery. When I did it had 1950 miles on the clock.
2 days later it broke down on the ferry.
Post #533242 20th May 2016 7:09pm
Muddywheels

England 
Sounds like you share my luck Sad

Guys on rrsport say if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!
Post #533248 20th May 2016 7:15pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
JOW240725 wrote:
Sounds like terrible service! I think id speak with my feet and go to a closer dealer? Lookers Colchester, Marshalls Cambridge or Bury st Edmunds?

Bury St Edmunds is only a Land Rover service centre based in Marshall's Ford dealership. Lindacre Ipswich likewise [but not Ford]. Only main dealer choice in the area now is Hunters, Norwich & Kings Lynn, Marshall's Cambridge & Halesworth & Lookers, Colchester. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #533250 20th May 2016 7:20pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
durham,...what a saga,...ya'd have to give that Dealer a miss.
But for sure, contact the L.R. rep on this forum, I'm sure JLR will have to be able to do better than what you've experienced.
Good luck, Pickles.
Post #533297 20th May 2016 10:56pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Good morning All,

I can confirm, I have received your PM durham and as such, I will make contact with yourself directly.

If anybody else would require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will happily assist.

Many thanks,

Lucy
Post #533940 23rd May 2016 11:21am
Wheel

United Kingdom 
Hi Durham,
Sorry to hear of your troubles and I must agree that in my experience LR Dealers are crap although my 90's going to Grange Barnet for its first service on Sat and i'm hoping I will be on here extolling their irtues Sat afternon !!!!!
Why was the service not recorded, although it was carried out ???

Mark
Post #534034 23rd May 2016 5:59pm
durham

England 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Hi Mark

I e.mailed the Business Head photos of the hanging headlining and damaged trim on Friday, that night he replied and got another service manager to ring me Saturday. Its booked in again 6th June, I was supposed to go to France the next day but all that's on hold. The guy on Saturday said they had this happen on the on line system previously, a few times, without explanation, but he assures me its on his system. I'll sort it out face to face but in meantime have asked Lucy on here to look into it and the rest of the "service" I have received. I obviously need it updating, so fingers crossed. I need it correct as the roadside assistance and warranty needs to be faultless for my French trips. The PDI and 1st year are on there.

I've got to wait until 6th June as that's when the first courtesy car is available (It'll be my 7th! and the once that I didn't take one, school boy error, went to bottom of the priority pile as not tying up a car, 10 days to change the door seal and knock out the central locking). Don't go thinking the European breakdown cover is great. The promise of a Technician to meet me in Calais was a breakdown driver/truck who took me South to Boulogne, where I sat for 4 hours until the dealer opened, they couldn't fit me in so I asked to be taken at least further South. I was taken North to Dunkerque, then spent 3 nights in Budget hotels with my Labrador. I was then offered a Ford Ka to replace my 110, Ifor Williams box trailer with ladder sets on top of the roof rack. They couldn't find the fault so after clarifying a few things demanded it back and set off toward the Med. Some 6 months later in the UK an electrical joint was found to be not clipped together sufficiently making the ECU think it was low on fuel and going into reduced power mode, it did sound the dogs though, as it developed a roar when in limp mode, fault didn't come up in France on their computer, but did here.

I've had the same promises as previously, but I had to point out that I'd heard from that script before. I don't know anything about Grange, so hopefully all goes well. My nearest is Lookers Bishops Stortford but they were the most expensive for the 2 year service. Duckworths in Boston were cheapest (£330 difference, for the same job). I looked at Defenders at Lookers before buying, I was a tad put off by the salesman when I referred to the build being aluminium, he corrected me, in front of my wife, stating "oh no, they are all steel". So guess who she believed on the way home? The expert Land Rover, suited salesman or the speccy Northerner sitting beside her????

Cheers
Kevin
Post #534043 23rd May 2016 6:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12