↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Site News & Feedback > Freedom of Speech on the forum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Thought this may be worth tagging on as another thread sadly appears to be heading downwards.....

K9F wrote:
What on Earth is happening to this forum of late? Maybe this should have been posted on the 'Freedom of Speech forum? Nevertheless in my view Freedom of Speech does not give anyone the right to be abusive, derivitive or pour scoff and scorn on anyones personal opinions or recent acquisitions.
We are supposed to be all adults with a common theme....We all drive and (most of us anyway) enjoy the ownership and I believe the camerarderie of having something in common. This forum has been a wealth of information for me and introduced me to some great people and their families. I think it's a shame how it's historical quality is gradually being eroded away.
An opinion or belief is just that.....It costs absolutely nothing if you don't agree to say so in a well-balaced and respectful retort without introducing bad feeling and division in what is a great place to be.

Just an opinion that's all. Whistle Thumbs Up
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #190437 2nd Dec 2012 11:15pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Which thread please - again, no reports received Sad  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #190472 3rd Dec 2012 12:00am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
NM - found it.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #190474 3rd Dec 2012 12:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nitram17

Came across this thread tonight ....bloody eye opener ! been a member since sept 2014. nothings changed .....can only agree with OP.....I thought it was me! thanks .....RRuk you have given me the strength to say some of the german naka and entreq stuff is overpriced vanity products .......and not good value!and some of the sponsors on here while they may not intend to do so do exhibit bullying behaviour!

There is nothing wrong with sponsors trying to sell their gear but this is a forum and they should expect both positive and negative comments on the stuff they sell and avoid personalising there defence of ther product!On another note a group buy aint worth a bean until there is a minimum iof 25% off list ..now thats value for money Laughing
Post #524073 14th Apr 2016 11:16pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Nicely dug up (or exhumed!)

This thread was 4 years ago now, and over those 4 years and 2 Defenders I've learnt that some products are great, some are not so great and some you waste your money and some are extortionate.

We all have a choice, but a balanced set of opinions counts, because if you ARE going to buy the most expensive product in its class, you want to know its absolutely worth it.

A classic example - Genuine or replica sawtooth wheels. Mine were replica and they were fine, nothing bad every happened and I saved a tonne of cash. Simples. 2016 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB Petrol
Post #525034 18th Apr 2016 4:30pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
nitram17 wrote:
.....and not good value!and some of the sponsors on here while they may not intend to do so do exhibit bullying behaviour! There is nothing wrong with sponsors trying to sell their gear but this is a forum and they should expect both positive and negative comments on the stuff they sell and avoid personalising there defence of ther product!On another note a group buy aint worth a bean until there is a minimum iof 25% off list ..now thats value for money Laughing

Great post. There is no such thing as Freedom of Speech and it is not only the sponsors that exhibit bullying behaviour in my experience, even when it is pointed out with evidence the product they are peddling is complete rubbish. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #525045 18th Apr 2016 4:56pm
simon67

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rutland Red
I have read all this and although I have only been on Def2 a year, I was on Disco3 before that via Series 2A

I would just like to say thank you to everybody who has helped over the last 12 months, site sponsors who I have spent too much with, site sponsors who have given advice free of charge even when I was upfront about not buying from them

I have told a few rude jokes, let rip about bloody travellers and generally and hopefully had a bit of a laugh

I didn't see the picture but seen worse on other Land Rover forums. A forum is like life, you get the good, the bad and the down right ugly

If Brendan et al try to sell expensive gear, its simple, don't buy it
If you get annoyed with a thread, don't read it

In the main its a good forum and I appreciate the sponsors need to get back their investment in advertising, it works all ways

Thanks to the form I have sold a few bits (recycling I call it) and will be on until the wheels fall off - next week probably
Post #525049 18th Apr 2016 5:01pm
steventheplumber

England 1987 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Keswick Green
Thumbs Up
Post #525056 18th Apr 2016 5:52pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Personally this forum would not be half as entertaining without the sponsors. Particularly when a pair of sponsors take to handbags at dawn and become embroiled in tit for tat arguments and petty point scoring over a rival’s product or price, we all know the pairs I am taking about. Whistle For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #525070 18th Apr 2016 6:36pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
That'll be me and Brendan then Mr. Green

Last edited by Go Beyond on 18th Apr 2016 6:49pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #525073 18th Apr 2016 6:41pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Quote:
That'll be me and Brenda then Mr. Green

Might be but I couldn’t possibly say! Wink

Calling that well known Leeds gentleman Brenda though is a nice move to start someone off and may prompt an interesting reply Laughing For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1

Last edited by gilarion on 18th Apr 2016 6:50pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #525075 18th Apr 2016 6:48pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Oops, typo, corrected now Rolling Eyes
Post #525076 18th Apr 2016 6:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213