Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Shukers Shrewsbury sold to Hatfields
It's not long since Shukers were announcing a £1m upgrade to the site:

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic36203.html?highlight=shukers

now the franchise is being sold and moved to a different site.

"Motor Group will have made a £10 million investment in Shrewsbury, following its acquisition this week of the town’s Land Rover franchise from Shukers.

Hatfields managing director Gareth Williams told AM the £5m acquisition, which included £4.2m of goodwill, will be followed up by a similar investment in relocating the new business and Hatfields’ existing Jaguar dealership in Shrewsbury to a new-build twinned dealership in line with JLR’s ‘ARCH’ corporate identity.

Several large potential locations along arterial routes into Shrewsbury have already been identified, he said, and the move will be completed by the end of 2018 in line with the carmaker’s strategy.

“We’re a private company and by the time we’ve bought and built the new site my brother and I will have north of £10m invested in Shrewsbury.

"Jaguar Land Rover is on a mission and we have a major part of that to play now we have nine JLR businesses in the group. We want to do the business for them,” he added.

Hatfields also has Jaguar sites in Wakefield and Sheffield, where Land Rover is represented by Sytner.

As has been previously reported by AM, JLR's plan is for its dealer partners to hold both Jaguar and Land Rover franchises in the same territory.

Williams dispelled suggestions that JLR was aggrieved by proposals submitted in Sunderland for Jaguar and Land Rover showrooms split by a major road.

A Jaguar source had told AM it was surprised by the planning application from Pendragon, which stated JLR’s preference for a twinned showroom would be overlooked.

However Williams, who sits on the franchise board, said JLR is allowing some separated showrooms, such as Hatfields’ own at Liverpool and Hull which are on opposite sides of the road, where the existing businesses have sufficient space for the redevelopment and are established in that location."

http://www.am-online.com/news/dealer-news/...dealership
Post #502539 9th Feb 2016 10:43am
Supacat

Click image to enlarge

Work has been completed on major new showrooms and service facilities for Shukers Land Rover at Ludlow following a £3.5 million investment.

The family-owned firm recently sold its Shrewsbury dealership to concentrate on creating the latest ‘corporate identity’ Land Rover centre to cover south Shropshire and the Marches. Head of business, Joe Barney, said: “This new centre in Parys Road is one of the first in the UK to conform to the ‘Arch Concept’ designated for all Land Rover retailers by 2018 and will perfectly showcase our full range of vehicles, together with offering the latest technology in service and support facilities. “I have lived in Shropshire for many years now, previously in Leominster, so know this area well, having started my career helping out as a Saturday job. I then became an apprentice in the parts department, moving on through sales to attain my current position as head of business here, so it is especially pleasing for me personally to be covering Shropshire, Mid Wales and parts of Herefordshire with the iconic Land Rover brand.

“Shukers Land Rover has consistently been voted in the top ten of UK dealerships for customer service and the team we have here in Ludlow is very keen to maintain those high standards for both current and new customers alike. “Our previous Land Rover premises, just 200 yards away opened in 1991 and had a turnover of £8 million at that time, but as the Land Rover product range has expanded and through consistent investment, strong customer loyalty and business achievement we have grown to a turnover of £20 million per annum. We employ 25 staff now having started with eight in 1991 and we are consistently reviewing our staffing levels to meet the needs of our customers and to maintain our high levels of business standards.”

Local MP Philip Dunne, commented: “I was on hand to cut the first turf at the site of Shukers’ new showroom and maintenance centre in Parys Road last year, so it’s very pleasing to see this project coming to fruition and I wish the business every success. “This £3.5 million investment is indicative of business confidence in the south Shropshire economy and will hopefully promote further jobs and growth in the Ludlow area. It is vital the Government continues to implement a business-friendly, jobs and growth focused agenda, to deliver a stronger economy for people in the Ludlow constituency.” Shukers also has Subaru, SsangYong and Isuzu dealerships at Vanguard Way in Shrewsbury and at Holyhead Road, Ketley, Telford.

Read the full article via shropshirelive.com at: http://www.shropshirelive.com/2016/03/15/n...of-ludlow/

Anyone know any more about this Arch concept?
Post #515233 17th Mar 2016 10:46am
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
This explains a little....

" The showroom is being constructed such that it follows the Jaguar Land Rover Arch concept where in one showroom entrance will lead to two separate areas, each dedicated to a particular brand and the vehicles of each marque reflecting the respective brand identity thereby emphasizing on the strengths and uniqueness of Jaguar cars and Land Rover SUVs."

http://www.euromotors.com.bh/euro-motors-j...n-showroom 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #515307 17th Mar 2016 2:40pm
Supacat

Thanks - that makes sense with the other stuff I've read about dual branding.
Post #515324 17th Mar 2016 3:33pm
Supacat

JLR unveils new store design - the Arch programme
A little more here:

"The new corporate identity program, called Arch, is global and mandatory.

"I would expect the entire transformation will take us five to seven years," said Joe Eberhardt, CEO of Jaguar Land Rover North America, in an interview at the auto show here.

The new Arch exterior color is "sunshine grey," for both brands -- shedding the flying cat statues at some Jaguar stores and the white-and-green exteriors of Land Rover dealerships. Eberhardt describes the conjoined buildings as jewel boxes.

The two franchises are connected at an entryway with glass doors.

"We are looking longer term. It is an architecture that is very simple and up to date, Eberhardt said. "We will stay with this for at least 10 years."

Click image to enlarge

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160404/R...ore-design
Post #521070 5th Apr 2016 10:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1