↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Poor warranty fix on paint issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Sphere

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Keswick Green
Well went back into the dealer this afternoon and spoke with the workshop manager who agreed it needed sorting however was very careful not to say who was paying for the work Land Rover or the dealer. He did say they don't use the body shop any more and use one some distance away which makes me more concerned about there work. I am waiting for a call tomorrow so will see how things proceed.

My response from landrover customer relations was almost identical in the wording 'due to external factors' however it was reported ony a couple of weeks after the respray and they have agreed to do the work twice before back tracking. I think it is just Land Rover trying to get out of any poor workmanship.

I did say the disco sport I have is a little useless especially as I may be with it for a few weeks yet of which he couldn't seam to understand until I pointed out the lack of tow bar. Not sure how the cream leather and carpet will fair with chainsaws in the back Shocked
Post #496359 25th Jan 2016 9:49pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
They gave me a freelander with 10 miles on, no mats, I warned them it was going to a forest the next day to clear firebreaks and make a track, it did and was really good too Thumbs Up Mike
Post #496387 25th Jan 2016 10:44pm
Sphere

Thought I would update the thread. So far still have the disco and no work has started on my truck, arguments are going on as to whos fault it is but the dealer has agreed it isn't mine. However they have also agreed twice to get the work done before back tracking. I have found out they no longer use the bodyshop who did the original work and although they have there own body shop the work wasn't done there. I have asked them to provide me a more suitable vehicle which currently they have refused and seam unable to give me accurate information to what is going on. I am awaiting a call from land rover customer relations to see if they can shed any light onto where I stand.

I am seriously concerned I wont get the vehicle back in time for my hols in early March as they have indicated a few weeks when they decide who is footing the bill.

To add insult I got a service reminder pop up for it yesterday Big Cry
Post #497371 28th Jan 2016 12:45pm
Sphere

Hopefully a final update. Got a call from Land Rover yesterday who have confirmed that I will have the paint fixed. Not quite sure what has gone on but hopefully have it back in a week or so Thumbs Up
Post #498370 30th Jan 2016 8:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12