↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Bitter Disapointment !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
WhiskyJackR

United Kingdom 
I would think the only time Land Rover gets a surprise is when some owners don't complain about a leak!

Land Rover must know that Defenders come off the production line and leak, period.

It's all kind of a mute point now as Land Rover has ceased Defender production and put this behind them. They only have to be concerned about leaky landies for another 3 years until the final Defenders are out of factory warrantee as any warrantee extension does not cover water ingress. Any farther South and I'll need to trade the Defender in for a Landing Craft Smile
Post #493533 18th Jan 2016 12:47am
WhiskyJackR

United Kingdom 
Duplicate post! Any farther South and I'll need to trade the Defender in for a Landing Craft Smile
Post #493534 18th Jan 2016 12:48am
GREENI

United Kingdom 
When we did the tour last week, they made a point of saying they have recently 'upped' the pressure of the water, for the ingress test.

It's a bit late now !!!
Post #493579 18th Jan 2016 9:57am
LEZ

United Kingdom 
Treps - I have the same problem (amongst others) with my new 90 Landmark, its back to the dealers for the third time in 3 months today. Disheartening really. Sad
Post #493600 18th Jan 2016 10:59am
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
I think the problem with the factory water test is that they are testing vehicles that are fresh off the line and have not been flexed.

As a separate chassis/body vehicle with lots of panels it will move and flex once its driven over a few obstacles. Perhaps the water test should include an axle twister to create some stress in the panel joints...bit late now, but that would be my guess why the water test isnt 100% successful.

(I was on the tour last Thursday and the guide just had a wry smile at the water test station and said they only leak when customers drive them, they are watertight before that...Wink)

cheers

simon
Post #493623 18th Jan 2016 12:21pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
GREENI wrote:
When we did the tour last week, they made a point of saying they have recently 'upped' the pressure of the water, for the ingress test.

I wonder if the warranty claims on flaking paint will increase much as a consequence...
Post #493659 18th Jan 2016 2:16pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi treps

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the concerns you are experiencing, please accept my apologies for the obvious disappointment that has been caused.

I note your comments regarding your concern and can advise that we are not aware in a larger sense of any concerns regarding panel misalignment.

I note that you are awaiting contact from your retailer regarding booking your vehicle in and I would be happy to offer my assistance if required. Should you wish for me to contact your retailer on your behalf, please can you provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Full VIN/chassis number
Relevant Land Rover retailer

LEZ - I note that you are also experiencing concerns and I trust that your retailer will be able to address these. However if you require any additional assistance, please feel free to PM me.

Regards

Ryan
Post #494095 19th Jan 2016 4:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123