↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > land rover wonderful customer relations -NOT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Riccarton wrote:
davidwhittaker wrote:
Riccarton I think your response was actually the worst here.

I think it was good of Ryan to offer assistance/advice given that the issue seems to be already resolved by the dealer.

Ryan was polite and courteous and willing to chase up any problems that were unresolved!

I personally would think you should apologise! You got that one very wrong mate.

Ok, fair enough.

Ryan, if you're reading this, I'm sorry for my post and I'm sorry to anyone else it may have caused offence to.
At the time I didn't actually think it was offensive, more just an observation at a standard response to what seemed like a situation that desserved more. From previous correspondance you're well aware of my disappointment with LR products I've bought and the exceptionally poor service I've recieved from my nearest MD and perhaps this frustration had an effect on my wording.
So, sorry if I caused offence - that was not my intention.

That's unbelieveable Rolling Eyes

You should not need to apologise -I took the response the same as you probably did - lukewarm as it's best.

REAL customer service would have picked up the ball and really ran with it - JLR DO BETTER!

David - don't ask me to apologise; somewhere along the line people who don't demand decent service, get very much less & then set a low bar for everyone else. It's those that are willing to complain that can make things better for the rest, including those that want to sit on their hands or worse - doff their caps to poor service.
Post #479135 4th Dec 2015 6:50pm
Riccarton

Scotland 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Zambezi Silver
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bow down
Post #479146 4th Dec 2015 7:19pm
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
grizz wrote:
It was nice to see Ryan reply to a post .

The problem is defenders are a crap product . They are a hand built car on a out dated production line . The build and paint is terrible compared to other manufacturers.

I got mine 14 moths ago and it's shocking for a Ł37k car but I excepted it as it's no more than a jazzed up work horse .

Designed and built for farmers and utility company's

It's slow , it rattles, it leaks , nothing fits and the panel gaps are shocking ... But I love it

^^^+1. It does what it says on the tin, as they say "you cannot polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"
Just don't moan when some of the glitter drops off Whistle Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #479149 4th Dec 2015 7:23pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Ryan has the same stock response for nearly every complaint. I am not denigrating the guy, I am sure once the information once forwarded to him that he asked for, then customer grievances are sorted.

However rather than just cut and paste the same post message time and time again, perhaps a more proactive message that is tailored to the grumble and maybe a little more personal may be better received.

Though in our modern business climate where the customer is it seems never right and always it seems a pain where customer loyalty is concerned and chiefly is ignored, then I do not expect a radical change in attitude from JLR any time soon. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #479150 4th Dec 2015 7:33pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
i just thought it was shame that Ryan was offering to help, having only just heard of the problem, and he got snapped at.

I've always got further by being polite and calm and trying to build up a good relationship with people than by being rude. Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #479154 4th Dec 2015 7:42pm
gilarion

That is also true...Though in my experience while it is right as you say to remain polite and calm, sadly some dealerships and traders will take advantage of that attitude.

Knowing when it is the right moment to draw breath and give the death stare look sometimes gets you more of their attention. Laughing For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #479157 4th Dec 2015 8:03pm
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
I think that a good response to any complaint is to find out what the issue is and what the details are, in a nice calm and polite fashion. Thumbs Up

This is exactly what Ryan did. Not sure what else could happen at this stage, the guy needs the info to move this along and do something about it.

The real test is the next stage, is the problem resolved to the customers satisfaction.

We wait to hear with interest...Smile

cheers

simon
Post #479162 4th Dec 2015 8:16pm
Supacat

couplands wrote:
I think that a good response to any complaint is to find out what the issue is and what the details are, in a nice calm and polite fashion. Thumbs Up

This is exactly what Ryan did.

Actually no he did not take the active response you suggest he did - rather he took a very passive approach:

"Should you require any assistance or wish me to look into your concerns, please feel free to send me a PM with the following information".

That's the point some of us are making but you seem to be missing.
Post #479184 4th Dec 2015 9:11pm
gilarion

^^^
Well observed Thumbs Up For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #479204 4th Dec 2015 11:02pm
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
Ok...I just hope the issue gets resolved and it needs to start with some info sharing. That's all I'm saying.

Cheers

Simon
Post #479212 4th Dec 2015 11:32pm
LEZ

United Kingdom 
So be it that its a stock answer, but at least he's responded, and from my experience with him he does care, give him a chance guys.
Post #479213 4th Dec 2015 11:44pm
Supacat

LEZ wrote:
So be it that its a stock answer, but at least he's responded

There's that low bar again... Rolling Eyes
Post #479271 5th Dec 2015 10:15am
Natlas

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
All I can say is that I received a very disappointing response from Ryan simply repeating the message from JLR that they won't replace my fuel breather pipe under warranty simply because it once had a misfuel. Seems to me that those pipes are likely to split on a car that hasn't even left the showroom before three years is up.
I am now coming up to nearly three years with a brand new Defender and I have never been more disappointed in any car in my life, I keep trying to like it but either the Defender or JLR keep giving me reasons not to.
Can't wait to move on. 2.2 90 XS
88" Series One
Old Norton Smile
Minerva
Post #480040 7th Dec 2015 7:31pm
Wheel

United Kingdom 
Well............
The saga of poor quality and poor customer service continues and we as "enthusiasts" have let LR get away with it for far too long.
I totally agree with Supacat as it is all about expectations and I for one don't go with the "it's a Defender" "traditionally built" "farmers hack" type comments.
The vehicles are not cheap and even regardless of price should be built right and to a high quality level as most other manufacturer's seem to be able to manage on their much cheaper (although higher volume) vehicles.
Why couldn't LR I wonder ?????
It's obviously too late for our beloved Defender vehicles but hopefully, whatever shape, type or form the replacement takes it will meet all the quality, cost, efficiency and performance requirements with some characteristics harping back to the historical and traditional.

As for customer service, I really hope they "up " their game although I dont think LR are any different to most customer service dept's as they all talk to you calmly, empathise, sometimes agree with you, promise to look in to your concern and contact the relevant parties and then lose interest.
From my own experience it's left to the customer to chase the resolution, and not wishing to join the "Ryan" debate I personally think it should be the responsibility of the customer service administrator for the manufacturer, supplier,vendor, contractor or who ever to correct the situation to the full satisfaction of the customer who in good faith bought their product or service or employed them with their hard earned money and their own expectations of the product etc often gained from the company's advertising or media campaigns.
Unfortunately it means you have to "chase" the customer service depts repeatedly and to some lengths which without doubt does get you down and can make you regret your original decision which is not a pleasant feeling having probably spent some time and effort researching, investigating, discussing and thinking it over, not to mention your financial investment !!!!!
Sometimes the Co.'s concerned don't do themselves any favours with their mission statements or advertising claims.

Anyway, that's my rant over but it would be nice to see or at least hear of issues resolved by the dealerships or Ryan and his colleagues quickly before it becomes a long drawn out process or a war of attrician with the customer having to keep on nagging etc
I think it would go towards restoring , if not totally restore our faith in the company and the product we so obviously all love.

GO BEYOND
Post #480801 9th Dec 2015 9:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12