↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > LR Cargo / Dog Guard - Seat Interference??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andyc

United Kingdom 
LR Cargo / Dog Guard - Seat Interference??
Hello

I'm a newbie here, glad to have found this forum, I can see me spending a lot of time here from now on!

I've just bought my first defender - a 2009 90 XS - and I'm looking for some guidance please (have used the search button but couldn't find the answer I was looking for).

I need to fit a full height cargo / dog guard - I believe the correct LR part is this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defen...2352bce438

My question is this - will fitting this item interfere with the seating position or the angle on the seat recline? I'm a tall guy and have the seat at its' limit currently - I'd hate to fit the guard and then find I have to compromise on the driving position.

Many thanks,

Andy
Post #448320 22nd Aug 2015 3:22pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi,
I have a 90 XS Station Wagon with LR full height cargo/dog guard fitted. With the drivers seat set as far back as possible the maximum angle of the recline (measured at the back of the seat) is 28 degs.

If you recline your seat that far back then I suggest you are too lay back to be driving a Defender. Laughing
Post #448325 22nd Aug 2015 4:02pm
Jonno

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
This is a good question.

I have a hard top with half bulkhead. I was going to fit the LR guard, but noticed if it sits on top of the bulkhead it would move the seats backs furthest back position 2-3 inches further forward, which to me would be useless.

has anyone ever fitted one and noticed what difference it makes?

Jonno
Post #448382 22nd Aug 2015 10:41pm
andyc

United Kingdom 
discomog wrote:
Hi,
I have a 90 XS Station Wagon with LR full height cargo/dog guard fitted. With the drivers seat set as far back as possible the maximum angle of the recline (measured at the back of the seat) is 28 degs.

If you recline your seat that far back then I suggest you are too lay back to be driving a Defender. Laughing

Many thanks - that's reassuring!
Post #448435 23rd Aug 2015 11:51am
andyc

United Kingdom 
Thanks again for the input - I fitted the Land Rover guard yesterday (LR006448) and it doesn't interere with the seating position in any way.

The fitting was a total PITA - Land Rover seem to have challenged themselves to try and find the most inaccessible bolts and fittings to attach the fixing brackets to. And, to make the job even more fun, they had labelled the left hand and right hand parts the wrong way around. My wife's vocabulary has now been extended (although maybe not in a good way) having been outside when parts of my commentary were audible.

Last edited by andyc on 30th Aug 2015 8:57am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #450495 30th Aug 2015 8:27am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi Andyc, Glad you managed to fit your new dog guard and that it doesn't interfere with your seat position. Sorry but I should have told you in my earlier post that it was a challenge installing it thanks to LR wrongly labelling the right hand and left hand brackets. Both my dogs were "helping" me install mine - I know they say that dogs understand every word you say but even they couldn't understand some of the language emitting from the back of the 90 during the install.
Post #450501 30th Aug 2015 8:39am
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Am I right in thinking that the guard itself is universal, and it's the fitting brackets that are vehicle specific? 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #450549 30th Aug 2015 10:44am
andyc

United Kingdom 
discomog wrote:
Hi Andyc, Glad you managed to fit your new dog guard and that it doesn't interfere with your seat position. Sorry but I should have told you in my earlier post that it was a challenge installing it thanks to LR wrongly labelling the right hand and left hand brackets. Both my dogs were "helping" me install mine - I know they say that dogs understand every word you say but even they couldn't understand some of the language emitting from the back of the 90 during the install.

Ha! - a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.....
Post #472623 15th Nov 2015 9:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1