↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > NFU- Massively impressed!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Clemmo

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
+1 for NFU.!!

Not the very cheapest..but the best!

Comprehensive covers includes Return To Invoice payout for a loss in the first 2 years for a new vehicle.
Saves a fortune on "GAP" Insurance.

Customer service always good and mods cost £0 ...no admin costs at all Thumbs Up

Clemmo Make today a little better than yesterday but not so good as tomorrow....
Defender 90 HT............Pangea Green
BMW X3 Msport............Carbon Black
Mini Electric................Grey. (wow!)
MGB Roadster……..........Vermillion
Honda Benly CD200....Maroon ------------- Chausson 98.........7.5m of fun
Post #441373 29th Jul 2015 1:29pm
Jimmyovskio

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Phoenix Orange
Just tried NFU on recommendations from another post - they quoted me £3,000 for a new Adventure 110 model - I'm 39, clean licence and 10+ years NCD...

Shocked!
Post #502042 8th Feb 2016 11:10am
Pilgrimmick

United Kingdom 
Footman James £189 fully comp for the 90 80" 1948
Lightweight V8
Bowler Tomcat
130 Station wagon
90 300tdi
(Santana PS10 pick up)
Range Rover L322 (Ful fat)
Post #502126 8th Feb 2016 2:37pm
JR

Scotland 1984 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Coniston Green
Well I've insured with NFU since May 1983 after General Accident (now part of Aviva) ripped me off by about £10k on a farm shed, but we won't go there.....

NFU have constantly surprised us with their excellent service! For example in 1984 I had an ex demo Toyota Corrolla AE86 GT Twin Cam that a garage proprietor wrote off, when I called them they said sorry he's not insured to which I said I know that, it'll be covered on his garage policy, could you deal with it for me so I don't get ripped off. Oh, that's no problem!! The deal they got made me a small profit on the car too!

The following year the farm pick-up got written off when we were setting up a forest stage on the Scottish Rally, they gave us over top book price!

In 1991 my XR4x4 Sierra was stolen from a garage and abandoned a few miles away with knackered transmission. Same as the Toyota, the NFU handled the claim for me.

1998 my first and only house claim, the 3/4" rising main burst flooding the newly decorated living room. Never got a claim form, just a brilliant Loss Adjuster who let me choose the highest quote (yes, you read right!) and then added things like plaster finish rather than tape as it was a Victorian house and some insulation for the walls. The claim came to just short of £10k!

And my most recent claim was in January 2003 when a lorry driver blacked out/fell asleep at 10.20am and rear-ended my Subaru Impreza Turbo as I waited to turn into a petrol station punting me across 2 lanes of traffic and a row of pumps and into a Fiesta parked at the 2nd row. Thank god the girl was in paying her fuel, the consequences could have been horrendous! Obviously not my fault and the NFU gave me more than top book again and let me keep the Prodrive Recaros too!

They have always insured my rally cars, not that I have any now and when I got my much modified 90 in 2000 they simply asked if Land Rover made one with a 200Tdi, when I said yes they said that's all we need!

I do have one gripe though, the NFU in England will insure my colleagues and it's official policy that they do however Scotland refuse point blank to do so! I am a BORDA 4x4 and ATV Trainer with my own business.
Post #502383 8th Feb 2016 10:59pm
JR

Well I've insured with NFU since May 1983 after General Accident (now part of Aviva) ripped me off by about £10k on a farm shed, but we won't go there.....

NFU have constantly surprised us with their excellent service! For example in 1984 I had an ex demo Toyota Corrolla AE86 GT Twin Cam that a garage proprietor wrote off, when I called them they said sorry he's not insured to which I said I know that, it'll be covered on his garage policy, could you deal with it for me so I don't get ripped off. Oh, that's no problem!! The deal they got made me a small profit on the car too!

The following year the farm pick-up got written off when we were setting up a forest stage on the Scottish Rally, they gave us over top book price!

In 1991 my XR4x4 Sierra was stolen from a garage and abandoned a few miles away with knackered transmission. Same as the Toyota, the NFU handled the claim for me.

1998 my first and only house claim, the 3/4" rising main burst flooding the newly decorated living room. Never got a claim form, just a brilliant Loss Adjuster who let me choose the highest quote (yes, you read right!) and then added things like plaster finish rather than tape as it was a Victorian house and some insulation for the walls. The claim came to just short of £10k!

And my most recent claim was in January 2003 when a lorry driver blacked out/fell asleep at 10.20am and rear-ended my Subaru Impreza Turbo as I waited to turn into a petrol station punting me across 2 lanes of traffic and a row of pumps and into a Fiesta parked at the 2nd row. Thank god the girl was in paying her fuel, the consequences could have been horrendous! Obviously not my fault and the NFU gave me more than top book again and let me keep the Prodrive Recaros too!

They have always insured my rally cars, not that I have any now and when I got my much modified 90 in 2000 they simply asked if Land Rover made one with a 200Tdi, when I said yes they said that's all we need!

I do have one gripe though, the NFU in England will insure my colleagues and it's official policy that they do however Scotland refuse point blank to do so! I am a BORDA 4x4 and ATV Trainer with my own business.
Post #502384 8th Feb 2016 11:00pm
JR

Post #502399 8th Feb 2016 11:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12