↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] Series engine mount(s)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Anderzander

United Kingdom 
[Wanted] Series engine mount(s)
Does anyone have a series engine mount (or two) spare ? It's the brackets that bolt to the engine I would like rather the rubbers.

I'm hoping to use them as a base to modify and use to bolt a 200tdi into my series 1.

Thank you
Post #440815 27th Jul 2015 9:24pm
dozerman

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Indus Silver
Can't you use the brackets from the original series 1 engine? I put a 200tdi into my Lightweight and all of the mounting points are the same on the tdi engine as the 2.25 (petrol or diesel, the blocks are pretty much identical). I didn't have to fabricate any engine mounts, just used the originals bolted straight onto the tdi block. I don't know how different series 1 engines are but am aware that people used to fit later series 3 engines into them quite easily, so must be similar still I would imagine.
Post #440841 27th Jul 2015 11:23pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I think the 200tdi is compatible with the original mounts (300tdi and later is not).

When I fitted the 2286cc engine in my 86" many years ago, I use the original 2-litre mounts which bolted straight onto the block and lined up perfectly. A 200tdi should do the same.

Later on, when I replaced the chassis with a new galvanised one I had Serires 3 type mounts fitted on the chassis, and converted both engine and gearbox mounts to the later type. This was done mainly because by then it was getting hard to get the original Series 1 type rubber bushes, whilst the Series 3 type bonded rubber mounts were common as muck (the later mounts are also more likely to hold on to the engine and gearbox in the even of a rollover than the S1 mounts, which was a consideration since at the time I RTV trialled the vehicle).
Post #440954 28th Jul 2015 11:16am
Anderzander

United Kingdom 
Hi guys - thanks for the replies. I'm asking as I have no mounts at all at the moment.

The series 1 80 has flat mounts - whereas the later series have the angles mounts. If the 2l series 1 mounts work that would be brilliant - though I've no idea where I'd get some.

So anything anyone has would be considered at the moment !?
Post #441102 28th Jul 2015 5:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1