↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Tyreleader UK- A warning of poor service!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Tyreleader UK- A warning of poor service!
Just a warning to stop other members on here having hassle.
Important to stress this is over there returns, but no excuse for poor customer service in my books anyway.
I was in a rush to order a 285 75 16 km2 mud tyre after a puncture so whacked a search into google and went for the first result that looked reasonable price, however as soon as I ordered it I noticed the first result is in fact a 245 which I missed.
Anyway No problem I thought Ill just phone to cancel the order (this was within 5 minutes) but couldnt find any contact details!
only an email message ticket service they provide, so sent that off within the opening hours they respond in to await a reply.
After 3 days I got one saying to sign for it when it arrives and they would organise collection, so thats what I did.
Since then Ive been promised 3 dates for collection all of which passed with nothing and now they have stopped replying at all and were last heard from the beginning of last week!

Not normally one to complain publically, but when the service is Censored its an exception.
Useless company I will never deal with again and after reading reviews seems im not alone!

If you want a 245 75 16 BFGoodrich km2 new in the wrapper drop me a message as im your man

(The reason I was using them at all was in desperation really as my local tyre fitter couldnt get a replacement in as there on back order in my size at the moment or would have bought through them like normal)
Post #424727 19th May 2015 10:05am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Surprising as they are the best price for tyres. I have had two sets off them the last would have cost me £350 more from a well known supplier in the UK for a set of 5. (Tyreleader are actually a German Company). Supply is not an issue, returns obviously are. Both sets delivered very promptly within two - three days of ordering. I shall not state the obvious about ordering and sizes.......

As far as reviews in the public domain they're not 'too bad'....8.8 out of a possible 10.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/tyreleader.co.uk

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!

Last edited by K9F on 19th May 2015 10:31am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #424732 19th May 2015 10:21am
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Yeah good prices, I think it came up with the other 285 searches as they are out of stock on 285's
Shame though as when you see there reviews it seems there not good at all. In fact id say useless with contact and returns.
Ill certainly never use them again, would rather pay more and deal with an honest company.

With regards to reviews, I think thats based on sheer quantity of sales. At least one poor review per page

Edit. I would say though if you dont mind the delivery taking at least a week longer than they say and that they might aswell have a no cancellation or returns policy, then yes there not 'to bad' and offer competitive pricing.
More of a warning just so people know what there dealing with, as accept ill get nothing out of it now except a smaller tyre than I want Laughing

Last edited by SailingTom on 19th May 2015 10:35am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #424734 19th May 2015 10:29am
K9F

Most people who are a bit 'savvy' nowadays use internet companies as obviously they offer the best prices. Unless you go to an industrial estate/high street fitter which you pay through the nose for (my comparison above reflects this) you will always 'take a chance.' Ironically I considered Camskill as another supplier option.....Guess what? They have exactly the same rating!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.camskill.co.uk

Blackcircles fair better at 9.4 but where do you draw the line? Price above rating or the other way round?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.blackcircles.com If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #424736 19th May 2015 10:35am
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
100% agree although my local fitters I use probably work out £10-15 more expensive per tyre normally although fit aswell so not bad at all considering they have overheads of a garage plus you get a cup of tea if you want Thumbs Up

It was only that they couldnt get one untill next month when a shipment comes in at the earliest. (As it happens ive now ordered with them anyway)

Im sure like me though you would hope to at least be able to contact an online company to talk to a human at the other end
Post #424737 19th May 2015 10:39am
K9F

When I got my first set of aftermarket wheels it was in the harsh Winter and there was a lead time of 4-6 weeks on the tyres I wanted. Going 'internet' I could get them in three days! So I went the same route as you for the same reason albeit with better results. Will your mate not take the tyre off you? If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #424739 19th May 2015 10:43am
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
They Probably will yes. The tyres not an issue really, more that a company makes promises and doesnt stick to them and them keeps stringing you along when obviously there doing nothing.
3 times ive made sure people are around to sign the forms required and then knowbody has shown up.

Worst case Ill just chuck it on ebay, like I said My complaint is more the lack of service and blatant lies really. Not how any business should be run
Post #424747 19th May 2015 11:08am
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Thanks for the heads-up sailing Tom - I buy tyres online too so will avoid that one.

Loads of good reviews when all is well is fine - a true test of a company's service is when something like this happens and how they deal with it
Post #424819 19th May 2015 4:07pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Just a follow up as thought you might be interested to know.

Bearing in mind the start of the topic was after I had been waiting a while, so before that date I have been issued a refund today! They did still take off £25 postage though as obviously the service they provided needed no justification!

So my review is still to avoid them, ill certainly never use them again.

P.S got the name of a small tyre company on here who had one left in stock as there were supply issues and after a phone call was with me the next day for £20 more than the online clowns price. Much easier to go local Thumbs Up
Post #436076 6th Jul 2015 11:17am
Projectblue

England 
Only when the last local shop has gone. The last fitter out of business, will people realise that actually - it's not always about the price, or the internet Thumbs Up

My local tyre place is actually fantastic. They get decent prices (to within a couple of quid of the best deal I can get on the net) and they charge me a tiny fee to fit). New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #436223 6th Jul 2015 11:36pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I use a local tyre company who have both a fitting bay and mobile citing service, they supplied and fitted Grabbers to my old Td5 for £10 more per tyre than the internet suppliers wanted for dumped at my door. And as Projectblue says they always go that extra mile when it comes to backup, recently they rebalanced the wheels off my Puma for the grand sum of a box of cakes, can't go wrong with that Thumbs Up 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #436245 7th Jul 2015 6:41am
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Your both right as I said it was only ordered through them as my tyre fitter I always use told me to as he couldnt get any in himself (there is a supply problem with the km2 tyres at the moment) so had to find a place with them in stock.

Having looked them up I now believe I did order (click buy on) a 285 from them and they changed the order once payment was made due to not having stock. In their reviews it seems they do this and would explain me ordering it from a page of 285 search results. I dont think even im that stupid, but makes you doubt yourself Laughing

Anyway all sorted, but not an easy process. Moral is use your local if they can get it in and if not phone around small pace as someone might have one in stock as I found
Post #436254 7th Jul 2015 7:49am
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Internet sellers are full of tricks like that Tom, I'm in the office interiors game and if I had a £ for the amount of times people have had quotes then bought what they think is the same thing from the web only to find out it's a cheap far eastern copy I'd go to the pub Smile 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #436268 7th Jul 2015 8:29am
JJ

United Kingdom 1987 Defender 110 V8 Petrol CSW Corris Grey
If you paid by credit card get the £25 back for postage through the card co and they will recharge the dealer. They have no right to keep the postage.
If you paid by debit card you can sometimes get the money back ( Nationwide do this ) but not all banks will play ball.
Post #436299 7th Jul 2015 11:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

jomara wrote:
.......then bought what they think is the same thing from the web only to find out it's a cheap far eastern copy I'd go to the pub Smile

There is the odd example of that on here too. But doubt it would stretch to tyres..... Laughing

ibexman wrote:
It's turned out Steve B was right the provent on dark side was not genuine although they can supply genuine for £120+vat+post. Any one know where to get genuine item for good money ? Cheers Chris

Whilst I am a great advocator of supporting local businesses when buying items, my experience of tyres certainly doesn't reflect that of others. IF they could have been purchased for a little more as others have mentioned per boot I would have willingly bought them locally. Nevertheless having trawled and phoned several local suppliers (together with a 'mate in the trade' who also couldn't get close) overheads, availability and buying power come to the fore. Faced with a ballpark difference of between £200 and £350 for a set of five the internet wins each and every time for me and my experiences have been nothing but outstanding. Then again I have been fortunate enough to get exactly what I ordered delivered to my door.

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #436468 8th Jul 2015 8:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>