Page 56 of 104 <123 ... 555657 ... 102103104>
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
This thread is great for putting a smile on your face Thumbs Up
Post #426572 27th May 2015 6:29am
chrispy

Wales 1987 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Keswick Green
Here's our clan, everyone a rescue. I perform home checks for Many Tears Animal Rescue in Llanelli to make sure the homes and people are suitable for adoption. The best breed is always adopted so all I can say is....adopt, don't shop! If you are looking for a new 'best friend' then please ignore the breeders who are making this problem of dog overcrowding much worse all in the pursuit of money and please, I beg you, visit your local independent shelter!

This is Moscow who is almost 18 years old who I stole from a police station cage 17 1/2 years ago. He's a cross something, of what we have no idea.

Click image to enlarge

This is Bedo, my best little buddy who is a Terrier of some kind. He's two next month and I can't begin to describe how special he is to me.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

This is Rocket, en ex breeding Chihuahua we rescued on Boxing Day. She's just turned 2 years old.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And this is Cookie who we rescued four weeks ago.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

All have heart breaking stories of wretched previous Parents ( I won't call them owners because none of us 'own' them) but now they are settling in to a good life with a loving family that always put them first. I did write up a whole story on their backgrounds etc but it was too long and most just skip the stories and look at the pictures anyway.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #426597 27th May 2015 10:01am
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey

I volunteer with The Labrador Rescue Trust so know exactly what you mean !
Post #426611 27th May 2015 11:49am
tookaphotoof

Netherlands 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Got the one on the left from a shelter. Was in a horrible state when I got her, but I needed just two weeks to make it a very good listening dog! The one on the right, if bought as a working dog... ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY! Mr. Green
Almost 4 years of training and she's still acting like a clown. I officially gave up recently. Love her anyway.

Click image to enlarge
Post #426612 27th May 2015 11:56am
chrispy

Thumbs Up
Post #426613 27th May 2015 11:58am
Thor

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Getting in a bank holiday Monday afternoon snooze with Tank. The Mrs says we didn't move for an hour but the snoring was so unbearable she had to close the kitchen door haha

Click image to enlarge
 Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #426621 27th May 2015 12:22pm
Rickydodah

I surprised by how many of us there are.....my allegiance is in my avatar. ESSW

Well done and I salute you all. Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down I started with nothing and still have most of it left!
Post #426632 27th May 2015 1:26pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
^^Absolutely Thumbs Up ^^ There was something on the radio the other day concerning the historic connection between man and dog and how it is now thought by some experts to go back much further than has been generally accepted.

I nearly lost my young Lab bitch Juno to pyometra a couple of weeks back but after recognising the symptoms and getting her to our excellent vet PDQ she is now well on the road to recovery. Shame as I was hoping to breed from her. My daughter took this about 30 mind ago, Juno on the left.

Click image to enlarge

Lost my yellow Lab to age last year, thinking it's about time to look for another ...or maybe an ESS Thumbs Up Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #426641 27th May 2015 2:45pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Quote:
the historic connection between man and dog and how it is now thought by some experts to go back much further than has been generally accepted.

Dogs' special relationship to humans may go back 27,000 to 40,000 years, according to genomic analysis of an ancient Taimyr wolf bone reported in the Cell Press journal Current Biology on May 21. Earlier genome-based estimates have suggested that the ancestors of modern-day dogs diverged from wolves no more than 16,000 years ago, after the last Ice Age

The genome from this ancient specimen, which has been radiocarbon dated to 35,000 years ago, reveals that the Taimyr wolf represents the most recent common ancestor of modern wolves and dogs.

"Dogs may have been domesticated much earlier than is generally believed," says Love Dalén of the Swedish Museum of Natural History.
The study is showing that the deep, deep connection has existed between man and wolves - now our dogs - for many tens of thousands of years and that is why we love dogs so much. They are part of our own evolution into a modern society," For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #426650 27th May 2015 3:23pm
Lorryman100

Hello Chrispy,

Mrs Lorryman here Smile We are supporters of MT's having been fortunate enough to adopt an ex breeder a few years ago. Sadly we lost Lara after around 3 years of love and cuddles. We were left with no dogs as we soon lost our old boy just after. Having decided we were not having dogs again, we were approached by Springer Rescue for Scotland regarding a golden cocker who needed a quiet home, suffice to say she is now ours. We both volunteer for SRS and help with MT's where possible. Lovely to see your update, and I will probably bump into you on the Friends forum. Elaine P.
Post #426663 27th May 2015 5:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrispy

Most definitely Mrs Lorryman, I look forward to it. You'll notice my thread in the general section having just started the home checks. MT are a great bunch, we had our little girl Rocket from them on Boxing Day just gone and since then have started fund raising in my wifes shop and raising awareness about them everywhere possible. God bless you for continuing to rescue, without people like us there to give these dogs a second chance at a good loving home they haven't a hope in hell.

To everyone on here who has rescued an animal from a rescue centre I thank you from the bottom of my heart. For every animal rescued two are saved, the one being rehomed and the one who can come in to take it's place. God bless you again x

Neil R
Post #426672 27th May 2015 5:25pm
Rickydodah

Miserableolgit wrote:
^^Absolutely Thumbs Up ^^ There was something on the radio the other day concerning the historic connection between man and dog and how it is now thought by some experts to go back much further than has been generally accepted.

I nearly lost my young Lab bitch Juno to pyometra a couple of weeks back but after recognising the symptoms and getting her to our excellent vet PDQ she is now well on the road to recovery. Shame as I was hoping to breed from her. My daughter took this about 30 mind ago, Juno on the left.

Click image to enlarge

Lost my yellow Lab to age last year, thinking it's about time to look for another ...or maybe an ESS Thumbs Up

I'm really glad for you that Juno recovered, go for the Springer you'll not regret it I'm sure. Chalk and cheese with a Lab but equally as much fun Thumbs Up I started with nothing and still have most of it left!
Post #426706 27th May 2015 8:45pm
keith

Scotland 
Been in the home for 2 weeks . Had to do a 10hr drive for the little guy .

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #427283 30th May 2015 6:45pm
Greggster

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Alpine White
A new one! Thumbs Up
Post #427338 30th May 2015 10:53pm
steventheplumber

England 1987 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Keswick Green
Ralph was the longest resident in the resuce centre. That was three years ago, has us well trained now!

Click image to enlarge

Ralph the staffy.
Post #429446 8th Jun 2015 11:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 56 of 104 <123 ... 555657 ... 102103104>