↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Heritage Celebration Edition - Australia vs England...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Ryan@LandRover wrote:
Hi Venomator,

The specifications, options and prices vary between markets, as well as the derivatives that are offered.

Due to many factors in each market and the demand for certain features and options, the specifications will vary as will the vehicle prices.

Should you wish to go through the full options and specifications I would advise discussing these with the Sales department of your local Land Rover approved retailer.

Many thanks,
Pete
WHY have you now edited this to remove the AirCon and radio option confirmation it originally contained Peter?... Question  Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #416886 17th Apr 2015 5:12pm
steve E

Wales 
I went to the dealers today to sort out my Aircon and extras and looked a complete idiot because our land rover rep had deleted the info.
I am now the dealer nutter.
How cool is that Rolling Eyes
Post #416922 17th Apr 2015 7:40pm
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Hi Pete,

Is there any chance of a reply to the question I sent you on Friday?

It would be good to have some clarity on the subject of option availability particularly in light of your amendment to your post which originally confirmed that options were available on the heritage but that confirmation has now vanished as noted by Roger on one of the preceding posts.

Also no one seems to have spoken to a dealer who can confirm that options are available, in fact they seem as much in the dark as the rest of us...............
Post #417501 20th Apr 2015 9:43am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi All,

I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for any confusion that has been caused.

There has been a number of variances in the Global Specifications on the Land Rover Defender Celebration Editions. I can confirm that the specifications that are shown in the eBrochure for the celebration editions which can be downloaded from the Land Rover website remain unchanged.

I can additionally confirm the full and final specifications for the UK market for each derivative.

The Heritage Edition will not feature Aircon, however this will be standard on the Adventure and Autobiography models.

Additionally, the Heritage Edition will not feature a radio, however this will be standard on the Adventure and an upgraded version on the Autobiography.

Retailers should now have the full and final specification list for all derivatives and should anyone require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by PM with your details and the details of your chosen retailer.

Many thanks,
Pete
Post #417516 20th Apr 2015 10:47am
Vintagepaul

Hi Pete,

Forgive me for sounding simple but are you saying that the heritage is ONLY available with the one fixed specification and that NO factory fitted options such as air con can be ordered?
Post #417518 20th Apr 2015 10:56am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
That is indeed what he is saying Paul... Evil or Very Mad

To say I am miffed would be the understatement of the year... Twisted Evil
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #417519 20th Apr 2015 11:04am
steve E

Wales 
Rog

At least your not the Dealer Jester Rolling with laughter
Post #417523 20th Apr 2015 11:18am
Vintagepaul

I think I know how you feel Steve,

I sent my dealer a couple of emails telling him how it's now possible to order options and can he come back to me with details and prices, no wonder he's ignoring me as he no doubt thinks I am talking total boll*cks Whistle
Post #417528 20th Apr 2015 11:28am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
steve E wrote:
Rog

At least your not the Dealer Jester Rolling with laughter
You think steve... Question

I have made an equal cock of myself with my own dealer following Peter's statement regarding options - she'll think I am a right fruit loop now... Exclamation

I am seriously thinking of contacting JLR's Chairman to ask why the UK market has been treated like a poor relation with the Heritage Edition when compared to the RotW... Twisted Evil

Vintagepail wrote:
I think I know how you feel Steve,

I sent my dealer a couple of emails telling him how it's now possible to order options and can he come back to me with details and prices, no wonder he's ignoring me as he no doubt thinks I am talking total boll*cks Whistle
I think we have all been made to look complete idiots with our dealers Paul... Evil or Very Mad

For me it is possibly the last straw in the issue and has completely taken away any enjoyment of anticipation and excitement I may have been building up... Rolling Eyes
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #417532 20th Apr 2015 11:42am
Vintagepaul

Rog,

Perhaps Pete can answer why the UK market is deprived of the ability to add options to the heritage, unlike the rest of the world who can. Seems very odd to me??

I hope you will stick with the heritage though as despite all the grief I do think it will be worth waiting for.
Post #417545 20th Apr 2015 12:10pm
steve E

Wales 
where a bunch of nutters Rolling with laughter
Post #417554 20th Apr 2015 12:40pm
David87

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Very much appreciate the reply, Pete. A great shame about the content of it, though. Crying or Very sad
Post #417704 20th Apr 2015 8:23pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Ryan@LandRover wrote:
I can additionally confirm the full and final specifications for the UK market for each derivative.

The Heritage Edition will not feature Aircon

Assuming this is a marketing decision - could you ask whoever made this decision to share their thinking behind it?
Post #418029 21st Apr 2015 9:06pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
@Supacat - You may not be surprised to learn that question has already been put to the powers that be... Whistle

And if anyone else fancies adding more weight to the dissent, please feel free to PM me for the relevant e-mail addresses... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #418037 21st Apr 2015 9:15pm
walfy

So glad that I'm poor enough to not consider paying over the odds for a brand new ltd edition Defender that won't come with aircon or a radio or even the option of adding it. Rolling with laughter 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #418052 21st Apr 2015 9:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>