↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Spectrum Motor Centre - Chester
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CatherineF

United Kingdom 
Spectrum Motor Centre - Chester
Thought I'd write a bit of a review now we have had the truck a week.

I was introduced to Spectrum by the very helpful Gary @ Alive Tuning. The one thing that was said to me is that Andy @ Spectrum would ensure I got a genuine solid vehicle at a sensible price as he was extremely picky about the vehicles he brought into stock.

Looking at their website it was obvious they were very much into building their range of Bespoke Over Land Defenders, but had a a lot of very nice looking used stock. My only criticism was that when I rang and chatted to Andy, pretty much all of the used stock had sold. Although there was one that he'd taken back in part exchange and he knew it's history.

It was quite a bit more expensive than I'd wanted to pay but it did have bits on it that I had intended to do and it would also have a 12 month warranty that meant we could go to a VAT registered garage anywhere in the UK.

We agreed to buy it and have one or two modifications made before delivery. Smile

Well one or two became quite a few and I think Andrew was probably quite glad in the end when we drove away in it as I was still changing things when we arrived to collect it.

Buying a vehicle from a distance is of course a risk and of course we could have been very disappointed when we arrived to see it for the 1st time. I'm delighted to say we weren't. Yes there are marks on it that you'll never see in a picture, but the condition is excellent for a 4 year old vehicle.

Fast Forward 1 week and 330 miles and I'm pleased to say that nothing major or insurmountable has come to light. Yes we bought a new fuel cap and ordered a 2nd key and fob at our own expense, but other little things have or are being dealt with by Spectrum promptly.

So if you are in the market for a brand new bespoke Defender to your own specification or are looking for a good used one, I really would recommend you contact Spectrum.
Post #379502 16th Dec 2014 8:47pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
Can't say fairer than that Catherine... Thumbs Up

You guys were extraordinarily trusting doing the deal at such a distance!... Shocked

I am pleased it worked for you and your newly acquired truck is making you happy... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #379519 16th Dec 2014 9:36pm
dlks151

Scotland 
Catherine

Good to see that all went well for you. Thumbs Up

I'd reiterate your comments. Andrew was very helpful in dealing with my requirements when purchasing, far better than many of the "big names" out there, and if your picky like most of us enthusiasts are (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) then there are always niggles when buying a vehicle, but its how these issues are dealt with that are important, and in general I've been happy with the after sales service offered by Spectrum.

If anybody's considering a new build vehicle (or a quality used) then dont hesitate to give them a call.
Post #379536 16th Dec 2014 10:22pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
So refreshing to hear of a good garage, usually it’s the opposite. Another link for the bookmarks I think Smile
Post #379648 17th Dec 2014 1:25pm
CatherineF

United Kingdom 
Well I've tried to give a fair and honest review. The bottom line is yes I would definitely recommend them and I would definitely go back and buy another from them.
Post #379672 17th Dec 2014 3:41pm
KarlMD

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Thumbs Up A big thumbs up from me, Andy was very helpful, I've had mine just over 12 months and no problems.
Post #379697 17th Dec 2014 6:17pm
CatherineF

United Kingdom 
I thought I should give an update because it's easy to look at a dealer and their service through rose tinted spectacles or whilst the car is still very new.

We've had the 90 now for a month and a few bits and pieces of come to light and Christmas has been in the way. As most of you will have read we did have a problem with the rear window on our 90 (Brake Light and Top Part of Screen not working).

In the end the old screen couldn't be repaired and a new one would be needed. Unfortunately the warranty company wouldn't pay out for it on the basis that the garage doing the repair told them it has been affected by corrosion.

A £275 bill appeared to be on the horizon which as you can imagine wouldn't have gone down too well with us. After speaking with Andrew at Spectrum a 2014 tinted (with the correct tint) was packaged up and sent overnight via courier. The garage popped it in and voila we have everything working as it should.

So we are still over the moon with the car and feel we definitely bought from the right dealer. 2015 Audi Q3 Quattro S Line Plus 184 TDI Stronic
2010 90 SMC Over Land Nero Edition - Santorini Black Metallic (Now Departed)
Post #386934 10th Jan 2015 9:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1