↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Poor Service!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SS90

United Kingdom 
Poor Service!
Friend was on the motorway at night in his 3 year old Range Rover which he had from new. When he lost all power lights everything. It was a month out of warranty. He went into his local dealership where he got it from and they said he needs a complete new engine which will cost him £15,000. He said he wasn't happy and that he would sell it, then the guy had the cheek to say to him do you want me to put you in touch with our sales team!! Apparently they said he missed a service, even though the service light never came on and are using that as an excuse. Should a 3 year old Range Rover really need a new engine, how much are they new £70,000/80,000 disgusting if you ask me.

So no goodwill gesture nothing, you know they never even offered him a courtesy car, extremely poor customer service if you ask me. He'll never have another one ever again now.
Post #374334 26th Nov 2014 5:26pm
Wangers

United Kingdom 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Aintree Green
Abismal - precedence that an engine should last longer unless they can prove mis use.

Dear mr Trading standards....
Post #374360 26th Nov 2014 6:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Agreed, the service he recieved might be bad, but it was out of warranty. and he missed a service.

Whether they might have had a different attitude if those two things wern't there we'll never know.

Wonder why a new engine would cause all the lights to go out though? I'd be inclined to look into it further.
Post #374389 26th Nov 2014 7:41pm
JAY BOY

Wales 
What dealership was it.

I would be speaking to customer services with the issue. Also what was the cause of the failure.

What miles did it have and how many services did he have.

This is a right poor show.
Post #374392 26th Nov 2014 7:46pm
munch90

England 
Be honest I would want to know the reason for failure , before passing judgement
Post #374398 26th Nov 2014 8:03pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
^^^ Thumbs Up Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #374405 26th Nov 2014 8:28pm
SS90

United Kingdom 
Will try and get some more information.
Post #374409 26th Nov 2014 8:46pm
SS90

United Kingdom 
I can't at present go into anymore details. Will keep you posted with the outcome though!
Post #374410 26th Nov 2014 9:00pm
Cuthbert

munch90 wrote:
Be honest I would want to know the reason for failure , before passing judgement

Like you I'd like to know more about this story and the real background to the event. Interested in an owner being so relaxed about the recommended servicing schedule for such an expensive car.

Maybe the owner tried to save money by not having the oil changed (or even topping it up) and then at 3 years old gambled by not extending the warranty?

My Land Rover dealer even wrote to me recently (on LR headed paper) to remind me that a service was due.

Look forward to learning what the outcome is.
Post #375389 30th Nov 2014 9:51pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi All,

I am sorry to hear that your friend experienced poor customer service at one of the Land Rover retailers.

We will always investigate any concerns raised directly to us with specific details. However without all of the details, investigations and nature of the concern on the vehicle, this is not something I would be able to discuss.

If anyone does require assistance with a concern, please do not hesitate to PM me directly with more information and please include the following:

Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Last 6 VIN:
Retailer involved:

Many thanks,

Ryan
Post #376336 4th Dec 2014 1:48pm
Wangers

United Kingdom 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Aintree Green
Funny how things get sorted, or at least listened to, when the news comes out on a public viewable forum.

Shame it has to get to this point for an amicalbe conversation to be had (as hopefully it will do)
Post #376382 4th Dec 2014 5:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicat

United Kingdom 
It is a real shame, I agree.

I am still waiting to have a sensible conversation with a main dealer following my recent experiences. So far the dealer principal has failed to ring me back. He gots one of his minions to ring me, who in his own words has no authority to resolve the issue. I have sent an email to the Divisional Director for the dealer and he has failed to respond!

Their ability to deal with a problem is poor, and their ability to deal with a complaint is even worse.

Their attitude is unbelievable, they seem to think they are doing me a favour by sorting the problems out, and only want to sort the defects if the warranty will cover the cost. The fact that they supplied the vehicle less than 10 months ago seems to have passed them by.

The Defender is back in next week to have further defective workmanship repaired.

Tony
Post #376394 4th Dec 2014 6:02pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Wangers wrote:
Funny how things get sorted, or at least listened to, when the news comes out on a public viewable forum.

Shame it has to get to this point for an amicalbe conversation to be had (as hopefully it will do)

To be fair if you had pm'd Ryan, I'd have expected the same response. There's very little you have shared to suggest anyone has been other than resonable.
Post #376555 5th Dec 2014 11:10am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi Alicat

Thanks for your post.

It appears that you are having concerns with your retailer and I would like to offer my assistance where possible.

As above, please PM me should you require any assistance.

Regards

Ryan
Post #376625 5th Dec 2014 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1