↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Stolen > Lock on the clutch but still stolen?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Lock on the clutch but still stolen?
http://www.lichfieldmercury.co.uk/Land-Rov...story.html

"A LAND Rover Defender was stolen from the driveway of a house in Moor Croft at Armitage in the early hours of Monday morning.

It appears a window was smashed to gain access to the vehicle.

As there was a lock on the clutch and nothing was heard, it is thought it may have been pushed or towed away.

Anyone with any information about the theft should contact the police on 101."
Post #372719 19th Nov 2014 12:35pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Bummer and one can only sympathise with yet another sad loss!... Shocked

But how long does it take to remove a clutch lock... Big Cry

Layers... Whistle
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #372728 19th Nov 2014 1:26pm
Tiger

2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
Post #372775 19th Nov 2014 4:50pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Wow, they made a pig's ear of removing the disklok in that video. They can be overcome much more quickly than that!

Remember one thing that is rarely seen in these tests, which is the thieves don't care if they damage the vehicle removing the security.
Post #372801 19th Nov 2014 6:03pm
munch90

England 
Most will not use a disc cutter as to noisy unless its parked away away from anywhere
Post #372884 19th Nov 2014 10:27pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
Thing is, if you don't immobilise the gearbox too, it can still be moved fairly easy.

Not much help for Puma Owners but anything pre puma (not auto) look at X-eng they do gear immobiliser collar things here >>http://foundry4x4.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=65_1756

Yes it is a bit clunky but can be fitted and removed in seconds once you get used to it.

Layers and Layers and Layers. Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #372891 19th Nov 2014 10:51pm
JAY BOY

Wales 
Censored Censored Whats wrong with people why can't they get a job and buy there own bl00dy cars.

SERIOUSLY I WOULD CHOP THERE HANDS OFF IF I CAUGHT THEM.

I'm afraid to go away for the weekend without putting all my keys in the safe and sticking the defender inside my unit.
Post #372894 19th Nov 2014 11:03pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Not Fit for Purpose... :(
Tiger wrote:
Not long

Watch @ 9mins 10sec
I have written to NK Group regarding this alarmingly disgraceful performance of their rather expensive item!... Shocked

Their web site suggests > "... – probably the only vehicle security you will ever need!"

One can only deduce that it is actually not fit for purpose in its delivered condition, if the evidence on the video is anything to go by... Evil or Very Mad

Shall we just say, they have been offered options... Whistle
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #373236 21st Nov 2014 12:13pm
Landy-Novice

United Kingdom 
shaggydog wrote:
Thing is, if you don't immobilise the gearbox too, it can still be moved fairly easy.

Not much help for Puma Owners but anything pre puma (not auto) look at X-eng they do gear immobiliser collar things here >>http://foundry4x4.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=65_1756

Yes it is a bit clunky but can be fitted and removed in seconds once you get used to it.

Layers and Layers and Layers.

cut the transferbox lever off with hack saw is quiet and easy. Whistle
Post #373356 21st Nov 2014 7:47pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
Quote:
cut the transferbox lever off with hack saw is quiet and easy

Shh, Shh shhh shhhh....shhh.

Sh.

Also does increase time to get away so its better than not being there, but do agree its not bullet proof. Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #373396 21st Nov 2014 10:29pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
You can always weld the clutch claw pins ... Makes them pliers proof Thumbs Up
Post #373405 22nd Nov 2014 12:09am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Re: Not Fit for Purpose... :(
Venomator wrote:
Tiger wrote:
Not long

Watch @ 9mins 10sec
I have written to NK Group regarding this alarmingly disgraceful performance of their rather expensive item!... Shocked

Their web site suggests > "... – probably the only vehicle security you will ever need!"

One can only deduce that it is actually not fit for purpose in its delivered condition, if the evidence on the video is anything to go by... Evil or Very Mad

Shall we just say, they have been offered options... Whistle

What can I say - the guys from NK Group could not have responded faster, or better, especially Grant Bithell ... Bow down

They both responded to my contact almost immediately and then followed a succession of telephone conversations and more e-mails to address my concerns.

Long story short, NK Group have been in discussions with the makers of what turns out to be a very misleading video from LandRovers Live - and I can absolutely verify that following my dealings with Steve and Grant I have to agree with them and suggest the video is either deliberately misleading, for whatever reason, or they were totally incompetent when setting up and installing the Clutch Claw device... Shocked

My device was already installed before seeing the misleading video, and I did not bother to check it before contacting NK Group.

But, having checked it this morning, following discussions with Grant, I am pleased my device was built up and is installed correctly, according to NK Group's instructions and I am totally unable to move any of my pegs with a single pair of pliers - and believe me I did exert as much force as I could in trying!... Wink

It is simply impossible to remove the device with a pair of pliers as is shown in that video and it important to note the makers did NOT consult with NK Group at any time on the build and installation of the device before falsely suggesting it can be removed in less than a minute using just pliers - I am suggesting the camera does lie!... Shocked

I am now very happy with my Clutch Claw and, more importantly, really very impressed with the guys at NK Group (but not those amateurs at LandRover Live!)!

We should also note that we do not know what clutch lock device was fitted to the stolen vehicle mentioned in the OP, but NK Group have confirmed they have no knowledge of any documented case where a vehicle fitted with a Clutch Claw has been recorded as stolen... Whistle

Make up your own minds, I have... Thumbs Up
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #373463 22nd Nov 2014 1:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1