↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Tdi > Heated seats wiring 300tdi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ellisboy

1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Heated seats wiring 300tdi
Hello! I already have a Waeco heated seat kit fitted,but I lazy wired it directly to the battery.This works fine as long as I remember to switch them off each time.Ive quite often flattened the battery,so it's time to do the job properly.
There is a spare connector in the fuse box (C786) for aircon which is not fitted and it uses fuse 18 (20 amp).
This is where I'm stuck,am I right in thinking that the White with orange stripe ,is a switched ignition feed and the thicker brown with orange stripe is a battery feed?
This being the case then moving on to the seat loom,there is a thick red and a thick orange wires coming out of the relay and entering two fuse holders(10amp) if I cut these off just before the fuse holders where do they connect into the C786 plug? Do I need to join them first? And where does the black earth wire connect to?
When connected do I then just need to change fuse 18 to a 10 amp?
Sorry for the long winded post!!
Cheers Stephen.
Post #362165 4th Oct 2014 3:50pm
Blondie

United Kingdom 
Hello Ellisboy

I fitted the waeco kit to both front seats my 300 tdi SW a few months back. From memory there were 3 cables to connect, black to any suitable -ve body earth, red is a permanent +ve supply and orange which is a +ve supply switched from the ignition.

I ran the red cable direct off the battery via a 30A in line fuse. The orange off the fused side of fuse 19 air con with a 5A fuse. From memory the cable was rated at 15A but this supply only switches the relays and hence less than the 5A of the fuse (the fuse has not blown yet, the wife and daughter now argue who gets to sit in the heated passenger seat, so must be working) Smile

Hope this helps
Post #367875 28th Oct 2014 11:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1