↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Pictures & Video > Land Rover Gangham Style Parody – Ft Roger the Rambler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Post #294159 30th Dec 2013 10:27am
zone30

Belgium 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 X-Tech LE Nara Bronze
Soo funny Rolling with laughter
Post #294172 30th Dec 2013 11:07am
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
It seems that some people have decided that a witch hunt is in order. Unfortunately those who have are rather missing the point. The two videos that parody walking would be nothing but offensive were it not for the fact that we have all come across people in the real world who are just like the characters shown. That is what makes the videos funny. What would be a better focus for some of the obvious latent rage held on the subject would be to set that energy to actively defending the lanes from the anti 4x4 camp. Rage against lane closures not against other 4x4 lane users. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #294465 31st Dec 2013 6:29am
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I hardly think a few forum members not "bigging up" said video clip constitutes a witch hunt! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post #294468 31st Dec 2013 8:41am
Anderzander

United Kingdom 
To me it just comes across as childish, which is fine and just my opinion of course. I'm sure it has the capacity to offend and it comes across that that is considered justified in some measure.

From outside it seems that Ellebarto quite new to Laning, has a lot of enthusiasm for it, and has bought into the 'us and them thing'. An easy party to join, easy to find support and justification for, but is also the root of the problem.

'Twas ever thus though [shrug]

On a different note that enthusiasm doesn't half make for participation on a lot of forums Surprised
Post #294469 31st Dec 2013 8:43am
ellebarto

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
lambert.the.farmer wrote:
It seems that some people have decided that a witch hunt is in order. Unfortunately those who have are rather missing the point. The two videos that parody walking would be nothing but offensive were it not for the fact that we have all come across people in the real world who are just like the characters shown. That is what makes the videos funny. What would be a better focus for some of the obvious latent rage held on the subject would be to set that energy to actively defending the lanes from the anti 4x4 camp. Rage against lane closures not against other 4x4 lane users.

Cheers mate, that is appreciated. It's all good though. The purpose of a forum is to air your views and whilst I don't agree with some opinions, everyone is entitled to their own.

This isn't meant to be confrontational but it's interesting to me that almost in isolation this forum has taken a certain stance on these 2 specific video's but then gone one step further to then tar all my other videos with a similar brush.

As has been pointed out, I am a member on quite a few Land Rover based forums - all under the same ID, and I've posted identical video links and comments on those. Generally the opinion is the stellar opposite to what I gauge is the majority opinion on Defender2.net. I just find that quite interesting but have no idea why that might be the case?

Anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing my history, especially those that have got quite critical of my approach, then feel free to checkout my blog (www.bendifroot.com). I don't pull punches or dress up who I am and you can get a feel for my experience level. I've met a hell of a lot of nice people this year through my films and covered many many green lane miles and intend to do a lot more next year!

Obviously I'll try to steer clear of certain subject matter but I've had a lot of requests for a Roger the Rambler series!!!! Wink Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #294501 31st Dec 2013 10:28am
jimbob7

/\/\ The main reason I use Def2 is because of the generally pleasant more mature attitude compared to "other LR forums".Your not promoting responsible 4x4 users by sniping at other green lane users. Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #294508 31st Dec 2013 11:04am
ellebarto

Fair enough, this isn't Landyzone and to be fair is how I discovered this forum in the first place being unhappy with Landyzone abuse. As I've said before, it is 2 out of many films that definitely do promote positive Green laning.

I get the opinions on the horse riding, to some extent. I still maintain it's a quite serious sense of humour failure to be offended by Roger the Rambler!

Not that I would dare to call my stuff classic comedy in the face of such a tough crowd but classic comedy is littered with stereotypical extremes designed to highlight character traits.

Everyone is aware aren't they that YouTube is littered with anti 4x4 films produced by horse riders and walker action groups?

I know people might say that 2 wrongs don't make a right but in comparison I'd hardly say my stuff was critical at all. Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #294512 31st Dec 2013 11:14am
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
While it may be a bit more genteel on this site it doesn't stop people from attempting to deride and belittle those who have a different perspective. Being polite whilst being an ass doesn't make one less of an ass. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #294519 31st Dec 2013 11:29am
Anderzander

United Kingdom 
Lol. Very eloquent !
Post #294543 31st Dec 2013 1:07pm
ellebarto

Anyone remember this video I made last year? My little attempt at poking fun at the anti 4x4 crowd. Very light hearted given the abuse we all get!

Following popular demand, Roger the Rambler will be making a Halloween sequel.

Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #361245 30th Sep 2014 3:24pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Excellent. 10 10 10
Post #361247 30th Sep 2014 4:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123