↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Swap] 2003 TD5 Disco 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andyred90

United Kingdom 
[Swap] 2003 TD5 Disco 2
Thinking about a swap back to a Defender so considering parting with my D2 as listed below but if you are looking to sell /exchange a 90 pick up or hard top please let me know. Will add cash as well.

Its wanted for nothing and had a few (sensible) mods so was looking to test the water here at £5000

2003 discovery td5 Manual

FSH 115k tax & mot'd

Engine remap for better economy and bottom end torque. New cellular dynamic shocks all around with new genuine front strings, HD turrets, recent clutch and DMF

Twin battery set up including optima red top, 2nd Battery mount & split charger and separate fused board for accessories.

Genuine Dog Guard and Mantec load lugga storage shelf.

Rear seats (6 & 7th) replaced with LR storage boxes but included in the sale.

De Cat front Pipe
Straight through mid section
Egr removed
Silicone hoses
LED load area light upgrade
Headlight bulb upgrades
ZU Alloys with new Grabber AT2 tyres
Seat Covers front and rear
Rubber Mats
Rear load mat
Tow pack
Roof Rails
Sunroof
Electric windows Front
Electric windows Rear
NAS Spec cup holders
Upgraded Radio
Bluetooth phone connection
Upper & Lower rear light guards
reinforced manifold studs
Spare exhaust manifold which has been de webbed.
Two sets of keys

[url=]
Click image to enlarge
[/url]

[url=]
Click image to enlarge
[/url]

Registration will revert back to an 03 and is not included.
PICTURED SHOWING STT'S BUT THESE HAVE BEEN REPLACED WITH AT'S

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #360641 27th Sep 2014 10:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
uncas

United Kingdom 
Are you really sure that this is the way to go? I sold my D2 last year and bought another Defender which I absolutely love but I think that I dropped a chuffin big clanger as the D2 is so much better.

Uncas
Post #360890 28th Sep 2014 9:35pm
Andyred90

United Kingdom 
You are absolutely correct as everyone will tell you that a D2 is a thinking mans Defender! but this is a second vehicle that I want for playing.

Financially you will always get more D2 than Defender for your money but saying all that I still want one!

Cheers

Andy
Post #360893 28th Sep 2014 9:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Knappster

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Caledonian Blue
I sold my Disco 2 in March and bought a 90 and have no regrets. It depends what you want. The disco was better on road but my loyalty was for the 90 after selling a previous one and regretting it.
Sad
Rich.
Post #361144 29th Sep 2014 10:38pm
charliebaja

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
I must admit I sold my D3 for a 110 defender, but now having second thoughts and might get a D2 TD5. The 110 is as modified as this D2 advertised.
Post #361150 29th Sep 2014 10:54pm
Andyred90

United Kingdom 
Keep talking!

Are you interested in the D2?
Post #361154 29th Sep 2014 11:01pm
charliebaja

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
Ok, wow not sure I was thinking a straight swap! But nevertheless it's something that perhaps could happen!! Perhaps you can tell me a little more about your said D2? Is it auto or manual, clean inside, etc!! I have updated the sound system to an alpine system with Bluetooth and focal speakers! It also has a new higher cushioned cubby box and Corbeau copied bucket seats, drivers side in seat risers. The middle seats have been removed in the middle and replaced with individual ex moor trim high back seats, leaving the centre free.

I bought it just over a year and half ago from Nene Overland where they gave it a full over spray. Since then I have fitted it with TF open HD turrets on the front with TF shocks and TF rears. A new rear prop shaft and rear hubs. De cat exhaust and de silenced Middle section. Updated headlights bigger inter cooler and silicone hoses, with a JE engineering stage 1 remap.
Post #361179 30th Sep 2014 7:10am
iPints

United States 1994 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
I might be interested, but would like more information about the Disco such as service history and so on. More pictures would be great.

Mine is a Defender 90 county (300TDi). Pretty much full service history (will need to check). Always taken to MID engineering (I think you would know them).
It's not in perfect condition bodywork wise but not bad at all for a 20 year old Defender. Chassis is perfect with a good coating of wax oil. Sound system upgraded to pioneer hand free system.
Was offered £6K a few months ago.....I must admit I did consider it.
It has four new BFG all Terrain tyres on. And will be going through MOT next Tuesday.

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

It's not looking as clean as this at the moment as it is used at weekends off roading (farm tracks for gamekeeping)

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.

Albert Einstein
Post #361203 30th Sep 2014 9:39am
Andyred90

United Kingdom 
Looks like mine has sold as just received a good deposit until the registration number reverts back to the original.

Now looking for its replacement !!
Post #361305 30th Sep 2014 8:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1