↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > Oztent Foxwing - any reviews ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ken

United Kingdom 
Yup the glowing BIG Bertha Whistle
Post #353748 26th Aug 2014 1:16pm
RLD

United Kingdom 
o yes RLD fabricator of Hidden Winch Mount for D3/4 roof racks jerry can holders CB aerial mounts and much more and agent for Helsport Tents and gear
Post #353765 26th Aug 2014 3:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ken

United Kingdom 
Sadly Ray the Event will never be the same Sad
Post #353780 26th Aug 2014 5:30pm
RLD

United Kingdom 
Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry RLD fabricator of Hidden Winch Mount for D3/4 roof racks jerry can holders CB aerial mounts and much more and agent for Helsport Tents and gear
Post #353781 26th Aug 2014 5:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sportacourt

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Plus sides
Chaps
Apologies coming in at the end of this, are there any batwing awnings which have optional sides, I have a Howling Moon roof tent and want to create an enclosed space,
Post #353993 27th Aug 2014 3:11pm
Dean Watson

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
Tuff Trek Gear
Hi All

I have the Tufftrek roof tent (TT RO2) and the roll out side awning 2.5x2m and I must say I cant fault either of them , the quality of the canvas and stitching is excellent , we have used both in the last few months in heavy rain and high winds without a problem with either, in high winds the side awning was very stable.
The rooftent comes complete with the skirt awning which gives a load of extra space and has a zip in groundsheet,another plus!

Being hyper critical the instructions for fitting could be a bit more comprehensive for the rooftent but a quick call to Dara of Tuff trek soon sorted that.

The only other problem I have had is condensation under the mattress of the rooftent but googling the problem showed that its a common problem with all rooftents and I also found the solution in a breathable mat the fits under the mattress as used on yachts etc.
The website is here
http://www.shipshapebedding.co.uk/Dry-Mat_...%3Ddry-mat
This has now eliminated the problem.The mattress itself is also very comfortable.

All in all I am am very pleased with the whole outfit, and just to clear up another point I am pretty sure that although they are a British company i think the tents are made abroad (what isn't?)
A pleasure to deal with Dara and his wife who I met when I picked up the equipment from them.

All in all a big Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #353994 27th Aug 2014 3:37pm
Tom Mc

United Kingdom 
Thanks for that Dean. Assuming the stitching is the same on the awning and the 270° wrap around, fox/bat wing type thingy, then that's a major plus. I also take your point about the 'Britishness' of the products, I'll find out more.

So, I have to look for ...

Quality of material
Stitching
The sections stretching properly so they don't become swimming pools for mozzies
Quality of poles
Fixings to the vehicle
Price
After sales service i.e. parts, advice, etc.

... what else have I forgotten?

With the LRO Show (Peterborough) and the Adventure Travel & Overland Show (Stratford-upon-Avon) the following week both fast approaching, I won't decide until I'm able to check out all the various makes at these two events. Oh the excitement of it all. Very Happy
Post #354006 27th Aug 2014 4:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123