↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Today had to phone the RSPCA about a cruel dog owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
Unless it's obvious I'd keep quiet now too or who ever it was will have it in for you if they find out.
I know it's wrong what they did and I'd do the same as you too but just be cautious you have been warned.
Or the next thing is you'll have a brick through the house window or the Landy.

Edit* I've had to deal will neighbour issues in other circumstances for 2 years now and they will try a revenge move if possible dome will if they can get something on you.
Post #347584 25th Jul 2014 4:21pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Saw that before Steve, one of our old neighbours had a dog which they were mistreating, the SSPCA were called out and they were hauled over the coals, several months passed and they eventually found out who made the call and within days their shed mysteriously self combusted!!! There's a lot of people out there who always want revenge at any cost!!! 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #347588 25th Jul 2014 4:34pm
rustandoil

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
Well done! Bow down
Post #347592 25th Jul 2014 4:44pm
steve E

Wales 
I just think sometimes you have to do the right thing no matter what. I would be up front and tell them I called them.
At least then it's out in the open and if anything happens you know where it came from.
People don't like to be confronted so go see them first and put them on the back foot.
You have saved a dogs life and that is worth any amount of hassle. Bow down
Post #347599 25th Jul 2014 5:44pm
deplec

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 X-Tech LE Zambezi Silver
Well Done. Thumbs Up
Post #347602 25th Jul 2014 6:08pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
I was aware of repercussions but I think i can deal with any (FAMOUS LAST WORDS!)

However I know that the cottage is rented and I know the owner very well. in fact i bought my cottage off him many years ago. I phoned him this afternoon to inform him what was going on and he told me he is about to evict them for non payment of rent and partly trashing the place. He said he went through the courts and they have been served with an eviction notice but will not go, so this weekend he is coming down mob handed and physically moving them out.
I thought today was going to be a quite day, I have worked in the heat all week and really just wanted to chill in my garden with a couple of cans and watch the sport from Glasgow on the portable, instead I have had a day from hell, still thats life I suppose.

The cottage owner is very fussy who he has renting the property but it appears that the Tennant's do not work and falsified references saying they did, I think you only have to think about how they treated their pet to know what they are like. Up to now I have had nothing to do with them as they live about four hundred yards away all the cottages along the lane are quite a distance from one another.
Post #347603 25th Jul 2014 6:26pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Hope no one thinks I was condemning what you did any way, quite the opposite.
Just be careful that's all, had another issue today with a different neighbour today out of the blue he got in a blind rage. Shocked
Luckily nothing come of it though.
Post #347608 25th Jul 2014 7:57pm
shazzy90

well done mate ,sounds like the owners of the dog are from the lower side of life ,,I do hope the dog is rehoused to some good owners
Post #347609 25th Jul 2014 7:59pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
If you are away a bit then time to invest in some discreet CCTV coverage or a couple of trailcams. TBH in the wider scheme of things I have some reservations about certain aspects of the RSPCA but in this case you did the right thing. Hopefully the dog will be rehomed. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #347620 25th Jul 2014 8:59pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
The facts about this dog just get worse. The landlord of the cottage came down this morning with three rather beefy guys to forcibly evict the family who was living there. As I mentioned in an earlier post.

And he found that the family had done a runner, and the lowlifes obviously did not want to take the dog with them so just left the dog tied up. The landlord reckoned they probably left on Wednesday, which was about the time my other neighbours started to hear the dog howling, that means the poor animal had been left for over two days before I saw him in this heat.

What sort of person ties a dog up in full heat and then just leaves it. The tenants would not have known that somebody would rescue it; they obviously just left it to suffer. It would have been kinder to just let it go free. I am glad now I did what I did, I am even gladder that such people are not now living on my lane. The landlord told me they owed him £2500 in rent and have done over a grand’s worth of damage to his property. As well as taking most of the furniture.
Post #347681 26th Jul 2014 10:16am
jimbob7

It's about time the dog license was brought back, at £200 a time it would stop impulse purchase's by idiot dog "owners". I stopped a women last year (winter) from dragging a Staffy pup along the street,she reckoned it was 9 weeks old,poor thing was freezing cold and had no interest in following it's completely ignorant owner,"only bought it for the kids" she says. Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #347694 26th Jul 2014 1:07pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Most people aren't as daft as they look. They probably bargained on the animal attracting attention and were only well aware that if they let it go free it may have resulted in it causing a traffic accident.

Hopefully the animal will be re-homed and not destroyed. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #347706 26th Jul 2014 2:36pm
Projectblue

England 
Just caught up with this. Well done for standing up and doing the right thing.
Post #348332 30th Jul 2014 12:14am
Lambley

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 HT Java Black
Makes my blood boil when this kind of thing happens, well done for doing the right thing, it might have died if you hadn't stepped in. I hope they get the book thrown at them, if the RSPCA follow it up and can find where they've gone they will prosecute and might ban them from having 'pets'
Low-life's like that should be burned at the stake.
Post #348383 30th Jul 2014 12:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12