↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Help with Radio Recommendation from Halfords
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TheDuke

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Baltic Blue
Help with Radio Recommendation from Halfords
Probably been done to death already but here goes (deep breath)....... I want to replace the standard LR head unit from my MY12 Defender with a DAB Bluetooth radio that I can also play the music from my iPhone. I currently have a Parrott system for the phone side and music but am not massively fond of it. I assume I would also need a new aerial. I'm not that into involved installations but just want a good quality unit that I can get off the shelf at somewhere like Halfords. Can anyone out there help?
Post #324744 19th Apr 2014 8:00pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
We bought a fab pioneer DAB with 2 USB in, Bluetooth, hands free, Memory card reader, CD and AM/FM DAB radio for my partners Discovery .. about £170 ish - it works great
all we needed to buy extra (apart from a saga of fitting it into a Dsico2 .. but that's another story and not related to fitting into a defender in any way! ) was the DAB areial but get a proper pioneer DAB arieal as the halfords one only works in strong signal areas

its on the Halfords site still as Pioneer DEH-X8500DAB Car CD Player £169.99.. but I'm sure that others on here have better recomendations - however this was cheap and does the job and we are more than happy with it !
Bow down Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #324755 19th Apr 2014 8:45pm
TheDuke

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Baltic Blue
Thanks Wyvern. I'll take a look now.
Post #324760 19th Apr 2014 8:49pm
Interlet

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Alpine White
http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/ is a great website with genuine info about how DAB aerials can work, and how to get a decent one. They sell very good aerials there, not cheap but top notch.

I bought a Pure Highway H260 D. it only had one USB port, but it was DAB and Bluetooth as well. I can pair up my iPod via USB, iPad via Bluetooth and my non iphone via bluetooth all at the same time, and have it hands free. They also provide a microphone, which can either stickypad onto the top of the dash, or clip onto the steering wheel.

No idea if Halfords still sell them though, got it about 12 months ago. 1998 110 300Tdi White Hard Top
Post #324782 19th Apr 2014 10:45pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
The bluetooth phone connectivity is still Parrot Driven (most of them are). Customsteve is a great advocator of Kenwood and seems quite savvy on the HU side of things, perhaps drop him a 'pm.' If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #324811 20th Apr 2014 8:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1