↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Hannibal 1.4m Roof Tent & Annexe/Touring Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
foxhound

United Kingdom 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Alpine White
[For Sale] Hannibal 1.4m Roof Tent & Annexe/Touring Kit
Hannibal 1.4m Roof Tent & Annexe/Touring Kit

This is on ebay but if sold via this forum donation to the forum

Grab a bargain for the summer —cost of this kit new is £2350. Yours for £1499!

Buyer to collect or arrange collection. Inspections welcome. This ad is not for my trailer, 9x9 tent, gazebo or land rover, just the hannibal kit!!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

If you’re looking at this you know this is one of the best roof tents on the market! This is about 2 ½ years old and has been used for 4-6 summer trips per year, either to folk festivals, Dartmoor or Snowdonia. It is in extremely good condition, has been well maintained and inspections are encouraged —the only known damage/repair is that the spring on one of the metal camlock closing straps broke and I replaced the strap and lock with one of the same dimensions, and there is a small rub/graze (about 1 x 2 inches) on one corner of the external travelling cover (but the cover strength and waterproof integrity has not been compromised). I also gave the plywood an extra coat of sealant to make sure the wood stayed moisture free.

The concept of the rooftop tent was pioneered in South Africa and the country has long been the market leader in design and production. Hannibal rooftop tents have been designed with strength, comfort, ease of use and reliability in mind, and are among the world’s finest rooftop tents.

Features: zipped windows which fully open for better venting and photography, zipped front and back entrances with separately zipped mosquito nets, internal storage pockets, 70mm high density foam mattress with removable cover, flysheet which is extended for better rain and wind protection and raised for shading and coolness, detachable aluminium ladder which extends to ground.

Construction: Polyurethane coated 12mm marine ply base board waterproof, wax impregnated polymide 380g cotton ripstop fabric double stitched, waterproofed seams edged with binding, powder coated aluminium tent frame poles 3mm stainless steel hinges 4mm electro galvanized spring steel flysheet poles lightweight, waterproof 210 denier Oxford nylon flysheet unique internal bungie tensioners to aid in closing lifetime guaranteed inner and outer zips heavy duty, UV stabilized PVC travel cover with welded seams for complete waterproofing travel cover tie down straps to minimize ballooning.

Dimension Closed: Length: 1.2m, Width: 1.4m, Height: 30cm

Dimension Open: Tent Length: 2.4m, Fly Length: 3.6m, Width: 1.4m, Height: 1.3m

It also comes with the touring kit consisting of the annexe with 4 walls, zip doors and windows, extended fly sheet and extension poles so you can emerge from the tent and dress with weather protection and privacy. Use the annex for cooking or additional guest sleeping! The annex was made for high 4x4 vehicles and has long walls, so unless it’s on a land rover you would have baggy wall sides. To get around this, I had a strip of extra pegging grommets sewn on by a tarpaulin pro so that the wall may be tensioned when its on a lower vehicle or trailer. The height of my trailer in the photos is 1.9m from ground to roof tent base/annex roof. That solution works very well.

Size of annexe – 2.4m x 1.8m

Please note I am overseas from 17-26 April. 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #324056 16th Apr 2014 10:53am
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Wow! That's a nice little tactical command center set up that you have there....

Jim Thumbs Up
Post #324059 16th Apr 2014 11:22am
foxhound

thanks. it's very comfortable - will be even better when I get the maggiolina for the bigger family. I also have an eccotemp gas shower - hot water on demand!! 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #324062 16th Apr 2014 11:51am
tlc80

United Kingdom 
hi, have you still got your hannibal tent for sale ?
Post #531886 15th May 2016 11:25pm
foxhound

no, sold long ago. i thoroughly recommend the maggiolina --far better. ii bought mine new shipped from italy on ebay and saved quite a bit. they even got the annexe tent made up in a bespoke colour for me. 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #531892 16th May 2016 5:07am
tlc80

United Kingdom 
do you have the e bay item number ?
Post #531907 16th May 2016 8:16am
foxhound

drop an email to jeremy at tozerofdevon dot net 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #531919 16th May 2016 9:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1