↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > More speculations?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Higgers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
More speculations?
Autocar linky thingy http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/248674/

Basically talking about building up te range rover brand separate to the Land Rover brand allowing Project Icon to be aimd at the global utility market.

A good read actually...makes sense.

Ian Thumbs Up
Post #29477 11th Apr 2010 8:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Most makes sense - the only think ill pick up on is its the first one that talks about closing Solihull.

Las comments i heard about a month ago was CB was more likely to close, less space, less model production flexibility, less heritage. Mike
Post #29485 11th Apr 2010 9:59am
Setok

Finland 
I sort of like the sound of this. To me it has felt like LR has forgotten its utility "do anything" roots and has purely been focusing on 'premium' products, whatever that means. Never really been a big fan of 'premium' myself, and the Defender has been all but forgotten.
Post #29537 11th Apr 2010 8:58pm
harveyg77

United Kingdom 
My understanding is that Solihull has more interest from developers to throw up housing on the site compared to CB.

I did hear a few years ago that the RaRo replacement would be an Alu space-frame deveoped from the XJ platform, so there could be some 'integration' of production there. Volvo had done well with pushing different cars down the same prosduciton line, so maybe some of that know-how has rubbed off on JLR.

I have to say CB may not be as big as Solihull, but when I was there it was throwing 57 S-Types an hour out the door.

Who knows though - I doubrt even JLR do, it will only be the top brass at Tata who know because they'll be buying up shares in the development companies that they are then goign to allow to buy one of the sites for development. Maybe the next Defender will be a rebadged Tata Safari - anyone remember them? Wink

Im ok though i've got my 110 coming this week hopefully!
Harvey
Post #29562 12th Apr 2010 7:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1