↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > D350 for MY25
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
lrFFM

Germany 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
In Germany the D350 is not available for the Defender. The D300 will remain available though.
Post #1034817 15th May 2024 10:43am
Emp

Germany 
Is this reliable information? My salesman speculated that it will probably still come and that the configurator is not correct.

Do you have any information on how to order 22 inch rims with Wade Sensing in Germany? Since Wade Sensing is now part of the offroad package, I don't see any possibility here.

I actually wanted to order 22 inch rims for everyday use and I have suitable offroad rims in the garage.

I also wonder if the fabric roof is still available for the HSE?
Post #1034825 15th May 2024 11:50am
lrFFM

Germany 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
According to „auto motor sport“ the D350 will not be in the Defender in countries with the new Euro 6e norm. Also in the German press release (see LR website), the D350 was not mentioned.
Post #1034831 15th May 2024 1:20pm
beeftinkler

United Kingdom 
We ordered a 90 D300 Dynamic HSE in March, delivery July (not been given a build date / not enquired). If I had known there was going to be a D350 we would have chosen it. Am I correct in thinking it's the same diesel engine right throughout the range (D250 / D300 / D350), and that we could re-map it to D350?
Post #1035080 18th May 2024 9:31am
DFNDER

Australia 
I haven't read up on this around the D300 and D350, but I would expect so, given the same approach taken by JLR for the 3.0L TDV6 (145kW) versus the SDV6 180 or 188kW) platforms, and that the number designation in these ingenium engines seems to be referring to BHP.
Post #1035086 18th May 2024 11:48am
beeftinkler

United Kingdom 
In that case, can anyone recommend a company capable of re-mapping a D300 to D350 in South West England?
Post #1035087 18th May 2024 12:04pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
For quick and cheap performance upgrades around here just hang a ‘Baby on Board’ sticker in the back window.

It’s seems to make to the majority drive even faster, and without any due care or attention… Whistle
Post #1035093 18th May 2024 2:54pm
BigCol66

United Kingdom 
Has anyone ordered a D350 derivative? Just wondering what discount we should expect to get.
Post #1035094 18th May 2024 3:46pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
beeftinkler wrote:
In that case, can anyone recommend a company capable of re-mapping a D300 to D350 in South West England?

l would suggest driving your D300 for maybe 1,000 miles before throwing money at a remap and risking invalidating your warranty.

I've got the D250 and it's very strong. Even when towing our caravan l don't need all the power available.
Post #1035134 18th May 2024 10:57pm
San Marco

Germany 
Silb wrote:
San Marco wrote:
J77 wrote:
San Marco wrote:
I'm really struggling with them, ongoingly erasing their glorious heritage by deleting the iconic Land Rover badge, that somehow turns the Defender to a no-name car from the side-view and pushes the signature graphic now to ultimate pointlessness. Sad

With the massive increase of similar Asian products entering the market, my strategy would be the exact opposite thus to post the iconic and extremely well established Land Rover Badge wherever possible!

Click image to enlarge

It started on 24MY, they deleted the tailgate badge but fixed it on mine

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Same with me (kind of)… Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

I also have the deleted tailgate badge. I got the badge but I'm missing the hight and distance to the edge of the teilgate. Did you find it in a workshop manual or measured it on an existing vehicle?

Short answer: In the end, I sneaked around a dealers car park and measured it Wink
Not quite so short answer: I wanted it as original as possible, so I investigated different things... One of them was Simons "Powerful" after market badge, that I more or less just bought as for the included template. However that only fitted in one direction, when I tried to verify against a real car and even if it did have done better, there's still a lot of uncertainty about how to place an oval in an oval Wink

There might also be differences between the model years - however, my scope was the MY23.

For MY23, I figured out, that the height can be leveled against the DEFENDER sign like this:
The center of the DEFENDER sign is distanced from the bottom of the door the same as the center of the oval (both red dotted lines in pics below). It's not that simple though, for the edge of the door is curved Sad - so better take some measuring points. The distance to the side edge, was some addendum to Simons template that will not help, I guess. But on measuring for yourself, please keep in mind, that the side edge also might be slightly curved.

It's not a complete solution, but hopefully yet a little help!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1035135 18th May 2024 11:22pm
Defender trek

Wales 
I've really enjoyed my D300 110 ownership over the last 3 years and 30k miles, from towing, the school run and European road trips it has been faultless and an absolute pleasure to own.

So I took the plunge Saturday and ordered a Sedona D350 7 seater! 😊

The current build time is 3-6months so hopefully I’ll be able to swap in September 2024. 😊
Post #1035229 20th May 2024 3:51pm
Flinders

England 
We also took the plunge this weekend and ordered a 90 D350. Delivery September Very Happy .

We went to look at a defender 90 X but decided to order a new x dynamic HSE. Exciting times as it’s the first time I’ve ever had a brand new car! Milestone
Post #1035261 20th May 2024 8:29pm
Emp

Germany 
I now have the binding information that the fabric roof can only be ordered up to the SE model and that my HSE will be converted to a panoramic roof accordingly. Sad. It was one of my top 3 options.

It's also a shame that Wade Sensing (I know it's more fun than function) is only available with the Offroad package. I actually wanted to order the car with 22” and without the Offroad package with Rear Dif separately. I already have matching offroad rims and with this variant I would have two sets of tires for everyday use + offroad excursions.

I know you don't need many things and Wade Sensing is also negligible. Nevertheless, you get annoyed when the whole concept suddenly stops working and there are fewer options for more money. I ordered 6-8 weeks ago and haven't yet made a decision on what to do next.
Post #1036124 30th May 2024 3:59pm
oop north

United Kingdom 
If the defender selection is being pushed upmarket because demand is so strong, on the basis that the Range Rover sport is now available as an S model (75k so 5k less than previous entry level) as well as SE (previous entry) and both with new choice of 250 engine, their sales must be tanking!
Post #1036132 30th May 2024 6:35pm
San Marco

Germany 
Since the launch of the DEFENDER the trims have rapidly gone worse year by year. I bought mine roughly a year ago, and already got annoyed with some things. I’m pretty confident, I would not buy it again under current circumstances, although I really love the car and the brand…

and brand to me means LAND ROVER and not this ridiculous JLR house of brands nonsense - I hope my car will keep the virtual LAND ROVER badge in the HUD and the DEFENDER side view on the dash screen and no stupid software update will kill it.

Maybe JLR needs to learn it from their sales figures, that their current direction does not suit their customers needs in any way. Whistle

Emp wrote:
I now have the binding information that the fabric roof can only be ordered up to the SE model and that my HSE will be converted to a panoramic roof accordingly. Sad. It was one of my top 3 options.

It's also a shame that Wade Sensing (I know it's more fun than function) is only available with the Offroad package. I actually wanted to order the car with 22” and without the Offroad package with Rear Dif separately. I already have matching offroad rims and with this variant I would have two sets of tires for everyday use + offroad excursions.

I know you don't need many things and Wade Sensing is also negligible. Nevertheless, you get annoyed when the whole concept suddenly stops working and there are fewer options for more money. I ordered 6-8 weeks ago and haven't yet made a decision on what to do next.
Post #1036203 31st May 2024 8:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>