↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > help please reliable parts supplier search
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sendsoogle

help please reliable parts supplier search
Morning all - I know the answer will be here somewhere and I promise I HAVE looked but I need a good reliable source for parts for my 1989 110 Nessa - see My Defender. I have already wasted dosh returning parts which were meant to fit but no chance! I'm specifically looking for door seals and also the transmission cover and gear stick rubber cover thing - 'gasket?'

Please can anyone advise - location is near Reading so if there is anywhere local - even better - thanks in advance
Sue
Post #1033844 5th May 2024 8:22am
John P

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
I’ve always used https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/ even if it’s to get the part numbers etc. Always have had speedy service from them.
Post #1033858 5th May 2024 1:09pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Same. Excellent service. There is also a forum discount code but forgotten what it is.

Also have a look on the Disco3 sister website. There are some other sponsors on there. Thumbs Up

https://www.lrtradeparts.co.uk

They currently trade on eBay. Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1033861 5th May 2024 2:19pm
JoolsB

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Orkney Grey
Genuine door seals seem to be the way to go unfortunately.
Post #1033934 6th May 2024 10:03am
jonny

Depending on which side of Reading you are located, Dingocroft always used to be very helpful when I lived out that way:

https://www.dingocroft.co.uk/

It's always good to be able to go and talk to someone face to face..
Post #1033936 6th May 2024 10:26am
Sendsoogle

amazing responses thank so much everyone
Much appreciated help I have enough to keep me going so long as my bank account hold up Laughing
Post #1033948 6th May 2024 12:58pm
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
Are you sure you have been ordering the right parts? Not trying to be funny or rude, but most Land Rovers have had loads of work and mods done to them over the years. So it might be easy to order the wrong item.
Post #1033952 6th May 2024 1:31pm
Sendsoogle

no I'm a complete newbie to this lark - so when I see - will fit 1989 onwards I went for it - wrong! but I do think that was the sellers fault cos there was no way they were going to fit from the get go. My annoyance was that it cost them £2 to send to me but £10 for me to return via ebay to get a refund - lesson learned I won't do ebay again unless I know they won't need to be returned.
Post #1033953 6th May 2024 1:39pm
jimbo55

United Kingdom 
Maybe worth trying to find a decent local parts place, if there’s any issues it’s easy to take back. I know sometimes they may be more expensive, get yourself a good relationship with them and they can be very helpful. I’m not local to you so can’t help specifically unfortunately
Post #1033962 6th May 2024 3:35pm
Chicken Drumstick

United Kingdom 
Sendsoogle wrote:
no I'm a complete newbie to this lark - so when I see - will fit 1989 onwards I went for it - wrong! but I do think that was the sellers fault cos there was no way they were going to fit from the get go. My annoyance was that it cost them £2 to send to me but £10 for me to return via ebay to get a refund - lesson learned I won't do ebay again unless I know they won't need to be returned.

That doesn’t make any sense. If the part wasn’t as described eBay will fully refund and you won’t pay to return the item. EBay and PayPal offer a lot of buyer protection that is easy to use.

I must have bought hundreds, maybe thousands of parts over the years from loads of suppliers including many on eBay. While I accept errors can happen I don’t believe I’ve ever had a part that doesn’t fit what it claims too. For Land Rover parts there are also hundreds of vendors. Just look up the part you want and shop around for a good price. It can sometimes vary a lot. But chances are it’ll be the same part no matter who you buy it from. So if it didn’t fit this time round, buying the same item from someone else probably won’t fit either.
Post #1033991 6th May 2024 8:11pm
Sendsoogle

Thanks chicken as it turns out the supplier refunded my postage to get me to take down a less positive feedback - no harm done and lesson learned I will ensure I speak to a human bean in future
Post #1034055 7th May 2024 1:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1